M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope you all like it, trying to decide if I want to paint it or Chrome it???:dontknow: Used JB Weld to fill the gap between the two sides, can you paint or coat JB Weld??
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind you want, I got them to cut an extra long key and cut and shaved the rest myself with a dremel.

cool stuff. i have wanted a custom key for a while.

can anybody cut them??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
answer

Yes, left and right Black EGA, Sanded down to hold paint better. Grinded a groove down the center of the key and shaved down the post on the back of the EGA's, yes for better grip. I also, cut the end of the key off too, the rounded end so it would be straight. The JB Weld is like cement once it dries, so it will hold it just fine ( I hope). Then you can shave off the excess to the shape of the EGA.

Thanks
Oh, and I updated my location. I was at Lejeune, now at Camp Pen.

Semper Fi,
I love it, I still have my eagle, globe, and anchor's but will order some for this purpose. Hard to see what you really did. It appear's you have a left and right with the jb weld key sandwich? Did you notch the key for a better bite, or is the glue job good enough? If it were me, CHROME. Good idea!!!!!! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::doorag:

·
Registered
108 Posts
As a fellow service member that is a cool key. It would look great chromed IMO.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts