M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just punched in, (Rear Rim Removel)... Got whats really involved, with painting everything black. WTF:eek: Little help! All I wanted is a How To, on taking my rims off, so I don't get DENT that bad at the dealer when it's tire time! Thats all!! Thanks my brothern:bigthumbsup: Other than doggin me on my search tackticks, Don't pick on my spelling, i'm senative:joke: painting everything black, YEA THATS WHAT I WANT:-\

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
with a post like this, you really shouldnt be so senative:joke:.
do what i did. or dont. this is what i did anyway. i took mine to a local guy and watched him while he did it. it was a thirty dollar lesson in how to remove the rear wheel. that was before i found this forum. i still buy my tires from the same guy but i take my wheels to him now. just got a metz 260 last night for 270 mounted and balanced.
anyway, check with hink. he knows what to do.:pop::pop:.
1. remove the caliper from the bracket and take the caliper bracket loose. let the caliper hang from the brake line or tie it up out of the way.

2. remove the cotter pin from the right side of the axle.

3. loosen the nut on the right side of the axle. (you will need a hex wrench or socket for the left side) im not sure what size. i bought a socket at the stealer that has 4 different sizes.

4. pull the axle out. this can be a little tricky but just keep workin at it and you ll get it. (i actually lower my jack slowly to take the pressure off of the wheel and axle.)

5. now just work the wheel a little to the right and it should be off. the drive hub has a gear that lines up with a gear on the wheel.

note: you will need a motorcycle jack or some really strong friends to do this job.
after you get your new tire mounted you are just out of luck when it comes to putting it on. i dont have a clue.:joke::joke::joke::joke:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts