M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I pulled up to get gas, another 109 pulled in, I asked him how he liked it, he told me, "Use the Search...." I knew right then he was from the M109Riders forum!!!!

Come on fellow riders, look at the number of posts, look at the time the members have been here, remember you were once new to this. Lets help them along, not chastise them. Aren't we more compassionate than that? It may take new members a while to learn how to navigate. It takes most of us in excess of 18 years to get our kids to take out the trash. We would ALL stop to help a fellow biker broke down beside the road. Lets not pass them by on the forum. My $.02 worth.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The other day I pulled up to get gas, another 109 pulled in, I asked him how he liked it, he told me, "Use the Search...." I knew right then he was from the M109Riders forum!!!!

Come on fellow riders, look at the number of posts, look at the time the members have been here, remember you were once new to this. Lets help them along, not chastise them. Aren't we more compassionate than that? It may take new members a while to learn how to navigate. It takes most of us in excess of 18 years to get our kids to take out the trash. We would ALL stop to help a fellow biker broke down beside the road. Lets not pass them by on the forum. My $.02 worth.
Well said Kands!!! I saw a post yesterday where a new member got slammed by the "search" police. Come on guys....posts are what drives this forum. Even if it is an old question..sometimes new questions come out of it or a new member gets to see it for the first time who may have never thought to "search" for it.

Yes, the search function is a useful tool...but do not belittle someone for not using it. For crying out loud....do not respond to the post if it bothers you that much.

·
Registered
101 Posts
:agree:and besides,sometimes when you do the search thats exactly what ya get....search and search and search and search the search somemore

·
Registered
35 Posts
:agree: If the post bugs you because it's been answered before, then just ignore it instead of adding to the thread with the negative comments. If you don't intend to help the poster, then don't respond. I use the search quite often which is why I seldom post anything regarding questions I have about this bike. But I would hope that if I posted a question that has already been answered before (and missed by me during my search), maybe someone would actually answer instead of chastising. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I agree entirely. Doesn't take any more effort to be nice and it pays off much better.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I am a good searcher :bigthumbsup: I am a terrible finder :eek: When I want an answer to a question that I reach a dead end on....I will ask it on the forums. To those that answer positively, "thanks" to those that pick with me...I can take it,to those that berate me, I say "bite me" Besides...I know who knows and I can PM them :D

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
:agree: If the post bugs you because it's been answered before, then just ignore it instead of adding to the thread with the negative comments. If you don't intend to help the poster, then don't respond. I use the search quite often which is why I seldom post anything regarding questions I have about this bike. But I would hope that if I posted a question that has already been answered before (and missed by me during my search), maybe someone would actually answer instead of chastising. Just my $.02.
It's not that repetitive posts bother people. It's the fact that good information has already been offered or told. Why not keep all that good info in one thread so that when some one searches for the answer it's all right there, just add to it don't pass in on for dead. Like I've said before I didn't design the bike, but I can find my way around it. I enjoy passing that info on. And I may be the biggest culprit for poking at the use the search feature, but even when I do a search for something I get discouraged when my search pulls up 25 pages of crap to read through. Do you think I read all those threads, yea right. 20 pages all ask the same thing and most give the same answers. Do you like watching reruns on T.V.? I get tired of watching them on here. Why have a bunch of mini clips all over you neighborhood when you can watch the whole movie in your living room?

Do you guy's tag your thread's? Huh what's that? When you make a new thread or post in one you can add a tag (at the bottom of the page) to make it easier for someone to find with a key word like banana. Give it a shot it will help out.:bigthumbsup:

I have no problem helping someone out when they really need it, I just get tired of typing the same thing over, and over, and over.............

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
The other day I pulled up to get gas, another 109 pulled in, I asked him how he liked it, he told me, "Use the Search...." I knew right then he was from the M109Riders forum!!!![
So do you use the seach now? Hearing stuff like that's makes me feel pretty good. I am no *******, but the way I chose to promote the search feature has made everyone aware of it. So at the end of the day I am pretty happy about it whether you are or not. :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
:D
Bla-Bla-Bla-Bla Take a nap if your tired.
Like I said, I am not the ******* you make me out to be, maybe you missed thread where I drove to another state to help a member track down a wiring problem of all thing's, also keep in mind that I had never met or talked to this member before I decided to help him.

There is also something called and ignore button, in you user cp you can add a member to this and it will not show post's from this user. If you don't like what I post put me on your ignore list.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
And I am not coming down on anyone that promotes the use of search..if they feel that's important to them ...I'm good with that. But I'm man enough to admit to not being all that computer literate...soooo I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do :D

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
if you'd have used the search....you'd have found out that using the search and/or not using the search to answer questions has been discussed many times, as well as the relevance of people suggesting you do a search and whether they are search nazis or concerned citizens
:D:D:D:D:joke::joke::D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Kands, very well put. mvnvltn was born with a search spoon in his mouth. Its one thing to promote the search button. But I have seen you, mvnvltn, trash members that are on posts #1 for that member. You can say it a lot better to not come off as an :edit:. You may not see it but you do. As far as you driving to another state to help someone, thats awesome I would do the same thing. You may want to try to introduce the search button nicer. We want as many members here as possible not push them away. I have tried to use that search button and sometimes you just can't find it. We have all run into that problem.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts