M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in my time off i have had the opportunity to talk with several members over the phone about certain things and about the possibility of a US National meet some were in the center of the country. What would be the interest in that. Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas have some amazing roads. i have talked with several people who have ridden both the tail of the dragon and Northern Arkansas and many have said that N.A. is just as good or better than that Dragon. All that said a mid country meet i thin would be an awesome time we could do it over 3 or 4 days, basically a long weekend. It seems like there are several meets during the year but nothing that everyone could attend.

Basically would there be any serious interest in a, we could call it, The US National M109R Owners Group Meet Just throwing this out there as food for thought.

i did a map quest from LA to Boston and it was 2987 miles and did Bos to KC 1434 miles and KC to LA 1583 and KC is about dead nuts center of the country and easiest to meet. So what do you guys think??:dontknow:

G

·
Kansas city may be central.......but there ain't much of nothin there.

At least in the way of motorcycling interest.

I'd say Denver CO would open up a lot more scenic and riding possibilities. I've been all over the country and I never get tired of riding the Rockies.

Or Branson MO Might be more central to the best riding area close to KC.

JMHO.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not saying that KC would be the spot but just a reference point for people who dont know were branson is.

but i 100% agree with branson or northern arkansas would be the best place for riding. and if there are groups of guys that want to together there are many cabins for rent there.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with 3DDIM going on as well would that get to congested??

i was thinking week before or after 3DDIM or BB-BBQ:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Sign me up for a meet around Branson, there are some awesome cabins in the Table Rock Lake area. And Eureka Springs was a blast for the 3ddim.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would be cool if we could get a bunch of cabins together and split the cost that would be pretty cost effective i think. and tons of fun,....hopefully not TOO much fun.:doorag::doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I have kicked around doing one at the 10 year mark for the bike, in 2016. But to have it central to everyone means flat roads. Every year seems to get better and bigger at the Mid Atlantic Meet. And not many guys come from the south. I do not even think one is coming from Florida. So I say make the Mid Atlantic Meet the National Meet. The place we stay also owns the hotel across the street. People that want to come will get there. There is a TX group and a Canadian or two coming to the meet in a week. Just think Amtrak auto train.

But I am game for anything. If you want help doing it, let me know.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have kicked around doing one at the 10 year mark for the bike, in 2016. But to have it central to everyone means flat roads. Every year seems to get better and bigger at the Mid Atlantic Meet. And not many guys come from the south. I do not even think one is coming from Florida. So I say make the Mid Atlantic Meet the National Meet. The place we stay also owns the hotel across the street. People that want to come will get there. There is a TX group and a Canadian or two coming to the meet in a week. Just think Amtrak auto train.

But I am game for anything. If you want help doing it, let me know.
N. Arkansas is amazing riding; some say better than the dragon.....

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
The only reason I have not hit the 3ddim is because we still have ice and snow on our roads in May. And I am not going to trailer my bike to a bike week. That is why I sold the HD and got this baby.

I vote Colorado, later in the year. Maybe late June.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
You should do a poll to get an idea of how many people would attend. I think having it in late June would be the best time also. That way the Northern guys would have good weather to travel.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts