M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just booked the bike in for Friday, but the dyo guy was concerned that there might be a problem with the O2 sensors trying to over-write the map changes. Has anyone dyno'd a 109 (with O2 sensors) without an O2 sensor eliminator?
I think :dontknow: the california bikes have 02 sensors?Â
Any help appreciated!..Greg

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
They wouldn't dyno my bike when I took it in because of the Cat converter. Said the gasses would screw up the readings.

G

·
rasputin said:
I have just booked the bike in for Friday, but the dyo guy was concerned that there might be a problem with the O2 sensors trying to over-write the map changes. Has anyone dyno'd a 109 (with O2 sensors) without an O2 sensor eliminator?
I think :dontknow: the california bikes have 02 sensors?Â
That would be best asked of Power Commander. But with the little I know about the process the O2 Sensors are only going to be able to do so much and I think everything from the power commander comes after the ECM. Hypothetical, it should just keep the map in line. But I would email DynoJet tech support and see what they have to say.

TAZ

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
jazzman said:
They wouldn't dyno my bike when I took it in because of the Cat converter. Said the gasses would screw up the readings.
All they should have to do in that case is drill a small hole for the probe in front of the cat, and then plug that hole when they're done. I read of another member having that done to work around the baffles in their pipes.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
raw_taz said:
That would be best asked of Power Commander. But with the little I know about the process the O2 Sensors are only going to be able to do so much and I think everything from the power commander comes after the ECM. Hypothetical, it should just keep the map in line. But I would email DynoJet tech support and see what they have to say.

TAZ
Thanks Tazz, the Dynojet operator will probably do that (the tech info might be beyond me)..I just thought the answer may have been sitting within the experience of the Site readers..and keen to know if anyone had had to use 02 eliminators and if so, I had better get onto it ASAP.
The operator said he had had difficulty with a Honda with 02 sensors recently.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anyone else looking for this info "Aussie109" directed me to a definitive posting by "Hotwasabi" on the matter (thanks to you both) :bigthumbsup::

quote:
[OK. Firstly, euro and oz bikes dont need eliminators for the harness once the o2 sensors are pulled.
If you put on aftermarket pipes, you dont need the o2 sensors any longer, so dont try to refit them to the new pipes. Shelve them.
You also do not need sensor eliminators to plug into the harness.Â
The techs at Powercommander Aust were very helpful here. All Suzi models are the same and all have the same wire to pull from the harness that specifically deals with the o2 sensors, and that is the #7 pin with the black wire with brown stripe. Search this forum for a "how-to" .
Once this wire is pulled, the FI light wont come on, but nothing else is disabled. They wont be making a sensor eliminator because its not needed. They make 'em for Hondas and Kwakas because its simply easier to make an eliminator then mess with the harness for those bikes.
Get a powercommander not a Cobra FI2000r like me and then get to a dyno to ensure your AF is right.Â
FYI our bikes here in Perth Oz seem to need fuel taken out once the new pipes are fitted and sensors removed, and the cobra cant do it, but the powercommander can.Â
Even with zero on dashpots 1,2,&3 there is still too much fuel in the bike.Â
My only option will be to get a differnet aircleaner ( more air to dilute fuel mix) or get a powercommander, or run hotter plugs to burn off the richer mix until I get the new filters.
Hope this helps all the guys with o2 sensor fitted bikes.]

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
rasputin said:
For anyone else looking for this info "Aussie109" directed me to a definitive posting by "Hotwasabi" on the matter (thanks to you both) :bigthumbsup::

quote:
[OK. Firstly, euro and oz bikes dont need eliminators for the harness once the o2 sensors are pulled.
If you put on aftermarket pipes, you dont need the o2 sensors any longer, so dont try to refit them to the new pipes. Shelve them.
You also do not need sensor eliminators to plug into the harness.Â
The techs at Powercommander Aust were very helpful here. All Suzi models are the same and all have the same wire to pull from the harness that specifically deals with the o2 sensors, and that is the #7 pin with the black wire with brown stripe. Search this forum for a "how-to" .
Once this wire is pulled, the FI light wont come on, but nothing else is disabled. They wont be making a sensor eliminator because its not needed. They make 'em for Hondas and Kwakas because its simply easier to make an eliminator then mess with the harness for those bikes.
Get a powercommander not a Cobra FI2000r like me and then get to a dyno to ensure your AF is right.Â
FYI our bikes here in Perth Oz seem to need fuel taken out once the new pipes are fitted and sensors removed, and the cobra cant do it, but the powercommander can.Â
Even with zero on dashpots 1,2,&3 there is still too much fuel in the bike.Â
My only option will be to get a differnet aircleaner ( more air to dilute fuel mix) or get a powercommander, or run hotter plugs to burn off the richer mix until I get the new filters.
Hope this helps all the guys with o2 sensor fitted bikes.]

I don't know about that. just read a long write up about tuning bikes with o2 sensors. according to Dyno Jet who makes the PC111 they said you either have to pull them or put in the eliminators. trying to map with them is futile as they try to recal the ECM for what they see/sniff. Dyno Jet recommends installing their version of the eliminator which will produce the milli volt signal that puts it in the middle of the range for tuning. check with Dyno Jet first. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Medic1210 said:
All they should have to do in that case is drill a small hole for the probe in front of the cat, and then plug that hole when they're done. I read of another member having that done to work around the baffles in their pipes.
That Member would have been me... and that is pretty much what they did...

They inserted a threaded female insert into the pipes before the CAT / SET to run the probe through. Then once they were done put a small bolt into the insert to plug it off... You cannot at all see it unless you get UNDER the bike.

The guys who dyno'd my bike said it wasn't that uncommon.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
rasputin said:
I think :dontknow: the california bikes have 02 sensors?
Hello rasputin
I was wandering how your dyno went on friday,I too have concerns about the o2 sensors as i am leaving stock pipes on.
I have got pc111 jsd and doing custom pod filters at the moment.Did you remove #7 wire? when you fitted pc111
thanks ozzy

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ozzy 109 said:
Hello rasputin
I was wandering how your dyno went on friday,I too have concerns about the o2 sensors as i am leaving stock pipes on.
I have got pc111 jsd and doing custom pod filters at the moment.Did you remove #7 wire? when you fitted pc111
thanks ozzy
Hi OZZ will pm you!
The #7 wire is the same wire that is pulled, if you remove the SET..so I had alreaady done that..yep it worked.
O2 sens holes plugged with Toyota transfer drain plugs (18mmx 1.5 + fibre gaskets)..
NOTE: remove the magnets as they will self remove when hot :D!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts