M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having my upper triple tree powder coated. There are 2 steel bushings that are pressed into rubber bushings that the risers bolts go thru. I was told by one of the local dealers that they could get them so I ordered them and picked them up guess what they were the wrong part and you can not buy them. So at this point I have 2 options one buy a used tripple tree and hopefully R2 them or has anyone just installed an aluminum bushing with the steel bushing pressed into that and ran them without the rubber bushing. Just in case you are wondering powder coating requires you to heat the part up to 400 deg and the bushings will probably melt.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
you could probly make a bushing the rubber is there to help cut down on the vibration to help your hands out so if you go with something solid you might run into vibration problems!! you didn`t keep the ones you took out? Good luck bro!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tripple tree

No, when I was told that I could get new ones I was not worried but now that they are probably a pile of GOO I am worried

1 - 3 of 3 Posts