M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the PC3 wired in & actually remapped it after about 3 tanks to see if I could get a little closer to 40 mpg.
Definitely makes the Cobra's sound better to have a little fuel in the jugs. LOL:bigthumbsup:
I'd like to meet the jerk that put the oil filter on @ the factory. I couldn't loosen that thing up for 45 mins., ended up having to drive the bottom ring 3/4 turn with a hammer and a punch, so a strap wrench could turn it.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,146 Posts
The first time I changed my filter it was on so tight the strap wrench crushed it. I ended up pulling the radiator cover off to get some room and used one of those large channelock looking filter wrenches with teeth on it to get it off. I started to drive a screwdriver through it but figured I'd end up with just the base still stuck to the motor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried 3 different styles of removal tool before the punch & hammer came out. They must do it @ the factory can't imagine a stealership doing filters like that.
She's got 3.25 qts of 20-50 in her, shifts better. Still prolly gonna do the shift mod @ the next oil change.
With the Power Commander & Ivan's TRE the thing flat out moves, when ya twist it. Seems to cruise alot betters also, did a moonlight ride last night and the throttle was not quite as abrupt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts