M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fred is still a work in progress, but is getting much closer to me being able to ride him. So far the tally of updates:

Tach Relocated
De Beavered
Lowered 2.75"
160 on the front
Suzuki engine bars
New forward controls on 3" back, .5" up
Braided +3" cables are on the bike

Still waiting for the 3" risers to come in, need to run a rear brake line to the master cylinder, shifter linkage still needs to be finished and then hopefully I can get on the road.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Looking good there! Did you ever find out what was up with the one side of the guards being off about 1.5" or so?

·
Registered
960 Posts
:bigthumbsup:Nice, tasteful, mods!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot some..

Added bling to the front grill
Did the bluey fix
Pulled about a quart of sludge out of the engine.
Put the blinkers

Thanks to the guys (wiles426 and tmduby) for bustin ass on the mods.

The suzuki bars, not sure, all of them seem to be slightly larger on the left side looking at other pics.

Also attached is the shifter side controls. Work in progress, not quite done yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Freds looking great Shorty! :bigthumbsup: Make sure you add another pic or two when he's done.

And your my 100th... post that is. :clap2:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yes Fred is getting close,its nice to see it all come together.Soon Shorty will get her first ride.Its a lot of fun being part of this project,Tmduby and Shorty are good people and good friends.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Fred is getting close,its nice to see it all come together.Soon Shorty will get her first ride.Its a lot of fun being part of this project,Tmduby and Shorty are good people and good friends.
Awwww, thanks. Now lets hurry up get Fred done, get your burple painting done, get some nice weather and get the hell on the road.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
That bike has come a long way since you first got it, great job on the mods!

I like to see a lady rider that takes that kind of interest in her bike too. My wife is the same way, she's always looking at adding something. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts