M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Re: Rear turn signals on fender strut - Vizor Lights

Bravo Well Done!~ Looks Fantastic! Was the installation of the lights easy? if so can you tell us how it was done? how long did it take? Overall looks great! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rear turn signals on fender strut - Vizor Lights

Difficulty level on scale of one to 10: 1
Total time: No more than 1 hour

Process:

Cowl and rear fender need come off. Other than the obvious screws, to include the ones behind the side panel, don't forget about the phillips screws under the fender; they're so close to the edges that they're easily overlooked making puzzling as to why the fender won't come off.

Once that's done it's just a matter of unplugging the "airplane" lights and removing the rear bolt in each fender struts.

The vizor lights are very simple to install. Feed the wires through the strut and into the 2" hollow bolt. Screw the bolt into the light. The wires are about 2' long, so you will have to cut those shorter. Take the wiring from the "airplane" lights and cut those so as to leave you with the plug end (I tried pulling out the old wires so that I could plug in the new wires, but didn't want to mess with that). Strip all wires and bind together in pairs of course. I used shrink wrap ( http://cableorganizer.com/heat-shrink/conductive-heat-shrink.htm) to put a seal over the splice.

Repeat on other side and VOILA!!!!

I was going to wait until the side mount plate holder came in, but I couldn't bear the "airplane" lights much longer.

Debating on what I'm going to do with the front...thinking about the flex LEDs wrapped around the forks (seen somewhere on this board)...just the cost at $90 a pop plus the resistor. Might go with another set of Vizors on the front...mirror turn signals another option. Anything but the "airplane" lights.

See the links above for where to buy them. Lights were in the $65 range while the hollow bolts were a horrific $23. Searched high and low on the web and local suppliers...no luck.

Hope this helps.

Jean Pierre

G

·
Re: Updated with daylight pics - Rear turn signals on fender strut - Vizor Light

Silvr, I have the exact same lights and set-up. Put them on the second week I had the bike and have been very pleased with them. They are VERY bright and when people are behind me they say they can really see them day or night. Great price and a good product. Hal doesn't carry them or I would have bought from him, but Viking is a good company. I was referred to them for the lights and when I called, owner got on the phone, walked me through the product and what to buy and then took my order over the phone.

Great instructions too bro. And of course, ..............on a silver bike, they look FAST :p :p :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Re: Updated with daylight pics - Rear turn signals on fender strut - Vizor Light

Nice work.. I like that look, but unfortunately I'll be putting some of BigJoe's bungee-bolts there to hold the hotrack and backrest on soon as I can get to it. Hopefully with the next 5 weeks or so.

Really sharp looking ride, silver gets all the attention... and gets kinda blinding on a clear day in Texas to be sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts