M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got em done. I took a different approach than many others did. I went with a blacked out theme for my pipes. Let me know what ya think.

·
Registered
516 Posts
She looks meaner with that 2 into 1, how is the power? Can you notice a diff from the stockers, and do you have any "FI" light problems? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Like the look. Does your leg make contact with the new set up? I find on the stock pipes my leg hits, so the heat shields are really important.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think there is more power across the board now. As far as FI light goes that was dissabled a long time ago so I cant help ya there.
No my leg does not come into contact with the new set up, and the tape keeps things cooler.
I know its not gonna be everyones cup of tea, But I really like it. In person it kinda looks like something you would see on a drag bike.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I love the lines of these pipes, but I think they would look a lot better in chrome with some heat shields (if needed). As for power, thats just a bonus, I think these would sell just based on looks. When you did this 2-into-1 you kept the S.E.T. valve did you not? If so thats even more of a bonus.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks I wanted to get away from the "chromed out" look on this. I love the way the lines flow with the bike too. I dissabled the SET valve a long time ago so no its not hooked up. I did build the pipes so that it could have worked if I left it but I removed the valve. I have another trick up my sleeve to restore any lost low end power that I'm going to try.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Looks great to me, like it has that heat and power feel when riding. Nice job. Sound clip?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toneout said:
Looks good. I can't help but notice the silver part on the pipe near where the tip attaches, what is that from?
That is one of the metal tie straps. I need to do something about that, but havent made up my mind yet. I will work on a sound clip as soon as the weather get better.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Like the black pipes :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the imput guys. I seem to be getting mixed emotions from people (not just on here) People either love them or hate them. Either way is fine by me because I like them alot. I'm glad to see more people are doing their own exhaust, it's exciting to see what people come up with. :bigthumbsup:
ps crazytank7 I sent you a pm

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
All these new home made exhaaust & no sound to compare any of them??? :dontknow: :dontknow: :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts