M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just finished with my new air intake mod, I saw another members air intake and I decided to go with it. I got the back plates from Direct Line and got the air intakes from Ebay. They are for a S & S carb. I decided not to chrome the back plates and I'm glad I didn't. The black plates enhances the intakes. Besides my bike is Black!!! The pics are a little dark but you'll get the idea.

C-One

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
that is very cool looking!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Its amazing to me that every week people show up with more and more cool stuff!!
Very nice! That is the second set like that right?
I like the flames, I am not sure I remember them on the first set...

congrats!!

Sledzep

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sledzep...!!!! I appreciate it.

C-One

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Looks pretty cool :bigthumbsup:

I'd like to see some daylight pics if possible.

I'll ask the obvious questions :a20:

Part No's and cost please????

Have you ridden it yet? Performance improved???

I'm hopin I can hold out for the Hyperchargers (any news, anyone???) but this looks :2cool:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mustaffa,

The air intake plates are on DLP, 78.00 shipped, the air intakes I found on Ebay.
140051701144- part id Harley Sportster Chrome FLAME Air Cleaner/Filter #6488
2 $67.95 USD

I will take some pics when the weather breaks, I haven't rode it yet so I can't tell whether it performs the same or better than my previous air intake mod. I spent a total of 214.00 for everything.

C-One

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Cormierone,
Awesome job!
Is there any way you could take a few more photo's with some more light and with the whole bike in the shot. Maybe in the daylight.
I like the mode, and it's hard to get a handle on the back plate with the lighting.
thanks
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Canuk,

Thanks for the compliment...
I'll take some day light pictures tomorrow. The back plates is obsecure with night photos.

C-One

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
C-One,

Thanks for the info :bigthumbsup:
Look forward to the daylight pics and your opinion on performance. Hope the weather breaks soon so you can get out and ride :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's been raining all day and I said I would post some day light pics. I opened the garage door and tried to get some to post; here is what I was able to get.

C-One

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
How easy are the DLP backer plates to install? How about installing an aircleaner to it? I imagine you gotta drill your mounting holes and such. Also, it's hard to tell from the pics on DLP, but what does the back of the plate look like?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Awesome looking air kit, I think I'm going to try it myself.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JN109,

Thanks,
You the Man, I give you the credit of finding these intakes, it was a great idea. I like the flames and I'm going to put paint in the flame etcihing. These intakes fit perfectly, I kept my plates black it makes the intakes POP!!!

To answer the previous question, the intake are mounted with 3 screws and the hole diameter are 2 inches on both the intake and mounting plates. It was easy to do, if you have big fingers it can be a challenge with mounting of the intake bottom to the front of the DLP plates since you must put your fingers through the holes to the nuts on the screws. The back side of the DLP plates have a lip that hides the OEM back plate.

C-One

1 - 20 of 25 Posts