M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the guy who got hit on the busa today while at the dealer. Turns out we bought our bikes from the same place and he had the busa in to see if it was totaled....and it is. He told me he had been trying to get in touch with me because the lady told her insurance company that he hit her.....can you guys believe that??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: He said the insurance company was giving him a hard time so I am giving him the number of my lawyer who recently handled a PI case for me and handled it well.

He was in a boot for his ankle which is damged and his knee was absolutely huge. He didnt break his leg, he tore up his knee and ankle on right side. His leg is still swollen but he is walking around and glad to hear that other riders have him in their prayers. Funny thing is he lives right behind me on the next street and I didnt know it. Gonna be spending time with him while he is down and riding with him once he is back on his wheels.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must not be from around here??? :) :)
In Texas there is nothing more important than the lawyer on cases like this. As long as the claim is not on his insurance policy he is on his own. If she tries to file a claim against him then his insurance company will take up the fight for him.

G

·
It's a "catch-22" isn't it? We love to run lawyers into the ground - and most times, justifiably so, but then people like this woman mean a lawyer is often our only hope of getting some justice in a situation.

You're a good man, Bullie - that guy has a good neighbor. :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Candingo said:
It's a "catch-22" isn't it? We love to run lawyers into the ground - and most times, justifiably so, but then people like this woman mean a lawyer is often our only hope of getting some justice in a situation.

+1 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Bullie, thats great that at least you are a witness. It makes it alot easier for the :cop: and judges when soemone who wasn´t invovled see´s it from a optimistic point of view :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
How can she sleep? Hi, I almost killed someone, now I am going to lie about it.

What happened to the USA? Maybe the whole new generation needs to learn that they HAVE to be responsible for thier actions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Candingo said:

Ditto! Shame on this woman :mad: Bbut you know, I'm a beleiver that people like this always get their's (what goes around comes around)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Unfortunately, this may not go in his favor....

I know that she should be drawn and quartered but!

He did hit her. I believe the law will state (in legal mumbo jumbo) that he should have been going slow enough to stop before hitting any idiot B1tch on a cellphone no matter how closely in front of him she pulls out.
So if she hit HIS side she is at fault
If she blocked the street and he hit the side of her car he would be at fault.

I am no lawyer, but I watch them on TV.

I do hope it goes in his favor but mostly laws do not follow common sense to me.

Sledzep

G

·
Unfortunately, Sledzep, you may be right.
JR and I were riding in one of his vehicles. I guy cut in front of us (into our lane). JR hit the brakes and turned to avoid this clown, but we did make contact.
The cop was as nice as she could be, and believed if the guy had stayed in his lane, it never would have happened. HOWEVER, the law states that where we made contact, meant JR had to be ticketed !
I guess JR did too good a job of stopping and we hit the guy too far towards his rear end to be considered his fault.
Thankfully, compound took care of JRs vehicle, but the other guy needed bodywork.
I can't speak to the Busa incident, just hope it goes in the bikers favor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guy I know had a FedEx truck pull right out in front him on side street and to avoid hitting the truck he laid the bike down. when the cops came the FedEx driving even admitted he pulled out in front of the guy on the bike, however, since the bike did not actually hit the FedEx truck the driver was not at fault and was not ticketed. So the biker was left on his own to fix his bike and his body.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't know what the law says, but how do you avoid a woman who pulls off the curb into an immediate U turn right accross your path? He was driving down the street in his lane and he was not speeding!!! He had the right of way cause he was moving and she entered his path. he didnt hit her from behind, he hit her front wheel and fender. The only way he could be at fault is if they blame him for riding at 8:30 in the morning on a public street. She has to lie to get this thing put on him and if I have anything to do with it she can lie all she wants but the truth will be told. I really feel for this guy cause he is a young guy who just lost his father recently and is trying to keep the family business afloat because people dont think he can handle the business and wont come to him now. Then on top of that he gets a no driving, lying, person who runs over him and then wont take responsibility for it.
See why I think pistol mounts ought to be an option for our bikes?????

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This whole situation sounds like it just sucks!! I hope things go in the favor of the biker as it sounds like the cager was at fault, but it sounds like the person she talked to as soon as the accident happened told her to have a neck injury and claim that she was the one that was hit. Keep us updated!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Bullie, the guy is lucky you saw the accident and I'm sure when you tell the truth, things should work out in his favor.

It just amazes me how people lie to avoid responsibility !

When I got hit (while walking) by a gal in an SUV.....she was in a turning lane (but not turning) and obivously speeding, as I went in her front windshield and out the back window. But, I learned later that she said I was dressed all in black and had run out infront of her, because I must have just robbed a house nearby.

I was wearing a "white" jacket, although it had turned red from the blood. But, as far as I know, she never got a ticket.....and she "sure" never came to see me or called to ask about me.

I'm just sorry that nobody said they saw my accident.....I'm sure it would have made a big difference in the settlement of the case.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am so adamant about helping him because in 2003 I was hit by a rock truck while riding down the freeway. The truck came over into my lane and hit my car on the drivers door and spun it around and then hit me head on and knocked me into the retainer wall. Thank God a trucker behind me stopped to help and gave me his number and agreed to be a witness. When the it came down to it that witness made all the difference in my case and it still took 2 lawyers and nearly 4 yrs to settle it. I had knee surgery and still have problems going up and down stairs.

The good news.......they helped me buy the M109!!! Maybe John will get a new Busa out of this deal and some money to take care of his family.

Dad I am sorry that no one came forward for you but thank God you survived to share wisdom with all of us.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Regarding the determination of who is "at fault", concerns over her having some potential for winning her b.s. case may be justified.

I recently had a similar thing happen. I was in my car, however. Ironically enough, in the state of Maryland it is called "Boulevard Law"

Fortunately, I was uninjured, but UNfortunately my car wasn't. When my wife came to pick me up, I went home, took some pictures (of HER skid marks), presented them in court and had the charges against ME dismissed. That's right, you heard correctly. I was ticketed at the scene for failing to control my vehicle.

The details are not exactly the same, but the same principal applied. I hope that with your eye-witness testimony, things work out for your new friend as they should.

·
Registered
572 Posts
This country is just going to crap in a hurry...

People can no longer ADMIT FAULT, but lie to save their skin...

I now see why so many people want to carry.... too bad if they used it, even justly, they would be sued into the poor house...

I need to mount cameras all around my bike, so the day that a cager does take me out, it will all be on video...

Then watch, the jerk cager will lie their head off I bet, saying I forged the video or some other BS...

This world makes me SICK!!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
This can go either way..most importantly, was anybody cited ?...there is no mention of this, were police called to the scene ?

If his front tire hit any parts of her car...he may have an issue for lack of control of a vehicle...I know it sucks...but the law is going to favor
this position in all possible aspects...does your state have "no fault" ? kind of rare these days but some states have clauses where if it can't be determined who is at fault in a accident , they make this ruling and no fault kicks in and pays for damages, injuries ect..

Even though the woman pulled out...his FRONT tire hit her car...regardless if it was front of car, side or whatever...He may want to look in the yellow pages
and look for a Lawyer that'll consult for free..they'll talk to you for 5 minutes and determin if it's worth pursuit...tell him to lay it all out honestly and see what they
say.

Tell your friend to keep his head up...thank the Lord he has his life most importantly ! Another bike can come again.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Police were called and the report shows her at fault but dont think she was given a ticket. No sign prohibiting U-turns where we live so it just goes down as an accident. Since you guys were not there I know you are playing all the scenarios out in your own minds....but trust me the only way could be found at fault is if they site him for being out there at all. There was nothing he did wrong and no way he could have avoided the accident since she essentially came out of nowhere on him. Insurance companies are famous for trying to get you to admit to something and stalling until they have to make a move. The inusrance company has yet to call me and one reason I think they havent is because they already know where I am going to place the blame and they want to try to get him to agree to some blame if they can. As long as he doesnt admit any blame her (donkey) is toast. If she gets away with this I will know without a doubt that there is no justice in this world. Glad I am just a sojourner here on my way to a far better place!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts