M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I modified this mode using flexible alluminum sold at any hardware store, this way if u need to removed and later wat to install it the led strip is not damage. the led strip are sold in pair of two for $15.96 at ur local Autozone and is self taped they are conected to my single plug of the runing lights plug.

i don't have it as turn signals i have as running lights, but it can be use as turn signals

The original idea the led strip where longer and it was wrap around the shocks it look good, but i wanted to have it on its own braket!

Modified Braket install with shorter led strip

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
No ofense brother, but it looks unfinished. I'm sure you can't see the circuit's strip at night, only the light that comes from the LED's. The bracket idea is nice. Maybe this strip on ebay so the circuit does not show under daylight http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Flexible-St...605?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f02ffc2b5. Only a black line around the forks or attached to your bracket.
Just a suggestion...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No ofense brother, but it looks unfinished. I'm sure you can't see the circuit's strip at night, only the light that comes from the LED's. The bracket idea is nice. Maybe this strip on ebay so the circuit does not show under daylight http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Flexible-St...605?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f02ffc2b5. Only a black line around the forks or attached to your bracket.
Just a suggestion...:bigthumbsup:
You are right i don't like the unfinish look of it but i looks beautiful at night time! As soon as i can find nicer led strip i will swap them, thanks for the coment..

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You are right i don't like the unfinish look of it but i looks beautiful at night time! As soon as i can find nicer led strip i will swap them, thanks for the coment..
I'm sure it does and your bike looks nice! After seeing yours I'm attempted to buy the one I suggested on ebay. Its cheap and you can cut to fit. When I changed my turn signals I had to disconnect the running lights. It would be nice to have'm back on the same place you got yours.
Take care!
H

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
joel, if you want a nicer looking led strip try the flexible arrays made by radiantz.
http://www.radiantz.com/cart/c47.html
be sure to get the 1mm spacing. they are placed very close together and extremely bright.

the ones you are currently using look close to the 1/2 spacing strip and you can tell the difference in appearance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Get the Radiantz 1 foot long kit.

You can make a bunch of different lengths by cutting the strips and soldering on the wires. comes with red, clear or smoke covers and red or amber LED's. Very high quality.
I have them all over my bike. Like 8 turn signal arrays, 3 extra brake lights, and a rear turn signal strip that wraps around the fender.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Make little holes in another piece of aluminum that line up with the leds. Then cover them with this piece and polish the poo out of them....should look cool and you could save a bunch of money.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I'm sure it does and your bike looks nice! After seeing yours I'm attempted to buy the one I suggested on ebay. Its cheap and you can cut to fit. When I changed my turn signals I had to disconnect the running lights. It would be nice to have'm back on the same place you got yours.
Take care!
H
That one on ebay looks like the LEDS are about 2 inches apart!!! Don't know if that would be enough lighting for turn signals..

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
joel, if you want a nicer looking led strip try the flexible arrays made by radiantz.
http://www.radiantz.com/cart/c47.html
be sure to get the 1mm spacing. they are placed very close together and extremely bright.

the ones you are currently using look close to the 1/2 spacing strip and you can tell the difference in appearance.
100 leds per foot, That should work LOL

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That one on ebay looks like the LEDS are about 2 inches apart!!! Don't know if that would be enough lighting for turn signals..
I just ordered one set. For less than $5.00 bucks I'll take a chance to see how they look. I'll let you guys know!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts