M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered a very small oil leak. It actually took until now for it to show up. I have had my 109R since May. The dealer is telling me it's in the Seconday drive gear assembly. An "O" ring with a nick in it.
I don't know exactly which one it is yet, but here is a link:
http://alpha-sports.com/scrz/2006 VZR1800/61.htm

There are 4 different ones. The part will be delivered and installed tomorrow. This is probably a one in a million problem, but I thought I would let you guys know.

*** If you go to the link above, the part number they are replacing is #19 "O RING, SEC CASE OIL PI".

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my 109 inApril and looks like I'm having the same problem, took it in in August for repair and I just dropped it off again yesterday. So heads up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Guys,
Where did this leak seem to be coming from? I'm dropping the M off tomorrow due to a small leak from one the right side engine cover bolts.

Thanks,
Thomas

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Follow the supplied link. I was getting a very small leak from the Secondary case bolt. The O ring around it had a nick in it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
2006 also. Just logging in another case. The dealer mumbled something about the secondary drive gear and a seal leaking. This is the second time my bike has been in for the repair.

·
Registered
138 Posts
cleaning the bike last night and found the same thing.took the cover off to find the problem. leaking around secondary gear cover.

·
Registered
804 Posts
moto said:
Suzuki should have put a chain on this bike, i know it don't look as clean but hey.
Dunno, :dontknow: but I don't think it would look as good with a chain. They should've got it right the first time, and they wouldn't have to deal with all these issues. But like any new model they've got to work the "bugs" out of it. Hopefully it wont be to many more. :eek:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Front Runner said:
Dunno, :dontknow: but I don't think it would look as good with a chain. They should've got it right the first time, and they wouldn't have to deal with all these issues. But like any new model they've got to work the "bugs" out of it. Hopefully it wont be to many more. :eek:
rule of thumb, anything over 100 horses should have a chain or at least a belt but hey.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I hope Suzuki pays for your repairs Jr and you get your bike back soon, by the way I'm love'n the new pipe.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
JR said:
They did a better job on those bikes.I had several Vmaxes and the swingarms where made of steel not cast pot metal.....
Yeah I know but didn't want to catch hell for saying it

·
Registered
702 Posts
A steel swingarm or swingarm brace to help hold all the power this bike makes shouldn't be that diffiicult, considering the minds that are on this site.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My rear seal blew out completely as I rolled into the dealers lot! Dealer ask me about abuse, then suggested I overloaded, right all 200 lbs of me. Suzuki jumped right in and 100% covered the rear end and are supposed to have my bike done by Weds. They are replacing the entire rear end. You always have some problems with new models and as long as Suzuki stands behind everything... I'm happy. Lost 5 weeks riding time this year but it beats breaking down on a long trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts