M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fork wrap and Under cowl leds Auto zone sell this the ones on the forks are $20.00 and the ones under the cowls are $26.00 they are diff. the fork ones the led shine foward and the ones under cowl shines toward the bottom.... using existing harness from front runing lights and for the rear using the factory license plate harness. Both of this leds are water resistance and use under tape 3M and are very flexible, ninght time is when this comes to live....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Joel,
Could you please tell us what the actual part is called at Autozone?
I like the leds around the rear cowl. Looks great:bigthumbsup: and adds some visibility.
Thx,
Brian.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Joel,
Could you please tell us what the actual part is called at Autozone?
I like the leds around the rear cowl. Looks great:bigthumbsup: and adds some visibility.
Thx,
Brian.
Remember they are more efective when is dark, at day light they are not that visible hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I stopped in at Advance auto. They had some there for $24.00.:dontknow:I got a 6 pack of them coming from china for 99 cents each. I have been out of town for 2 weeks and my wife told me I got a package from china last week. I get to go home for one day and I will check them out and report back. Hopefully I can hook up to all of my other ones with the remote. By the way JoalM109er Looks cool Bro. Wander how they look at night. I guess we will find out shortly. When in Dought Mod!
Ride Safe
Dam Guy

·
Registered
93 Posts
can they be used for turn signals on the front?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I stole your idea, Joel. I bought 2 24" led strip packs and cut them into 6 inch strips. I removed my Turn signal mounts and put them on the ends of the lower triple trees, from the allen head pinch bolts to when the triple tree goes under the headlight. The top row is the running lights, and the bottom 3 rows are the turn signals. My friend took some awesome hi-def pics for me and will send them to me when he gets home. I think it looks bad ass!!!! Oh, and since my wife works at AutoZone, I got both packages for $32!!

-Josh

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stole your idea, Joel. I bought 2 24" led strip packs and cut them into 6 inch strips. I removed my Turn signal mounts and put them on the ends of the lower triple trees, from the allen head pinch bolts to when the triple tree goes under the headlight. The top row is the running lights, and the bottom 3 rows are the turn signals. My friend took some awesome hi-def pics for me and will send them to me when he gets home. I think it looks bad ass!!!! Oh, and since my wife works at AutoZone, I got both packages for $32!!

-Josh
Cool! Will like to see pictures....

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
can they be used for turn signals on the front?
if you buy the right kind of led's from radiantz, you will be able to use them as daytime turn signals. the link below is the led that you want. it is the exact same led's that raw design uses on their stealth rear turn signal units. they are more expensive then the style joel mentions in this post, but they are much much much brighter, so you get what you pay for. as you will see by the picture, they incorporate a ton of tiny led's in a much tighter grouping which results in a brighter glow that can be seen during the day. hope that helps you out.

http://www.radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c6.html&1

you will want the "flexible array" in the 1mm spacing which equals 100 led's per foot. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I finally got my pics from my friend. I ran the top strip as a running light, and then bottom three strips flash for turn signals. They're definitely visible in the daytime, and I think it's a great inexpensive mod.

-Josh

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts