M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has someone found a way to keep the pins on this connector from coming out?
I guess some epoxy will do it, but I will like to know if someone had tried this before.
Thanks in advance.
Electrical wiring Gas Cable Wire Electrical supply

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
The conductor is secured into the plastic housing via barbs/retaining latches on the metal connector ends.
If the wire is pulling out then either the retaining latch on the metal connector has become unpinned or is broken or the plastic housing is broken.

I have heard of guys using super glue to get the conductor to say in place. But the correct way to fix this is to either repair/replace the broken metal connector or unpin the rest of the conductors and change the plastic housing out to one that is not broken.

You can alway unpin both sides and change the entire connector assembly out all together, even to a different style connector if you wanted to. Just make sure wires on each side mate back in the correct order.

BCS

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,706 Posts
Has someone found a way to keep the pins on this connector from coming out?
I guess some epoxy will do it, but I will like to know if someone had tried this before.
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 419912
Since they are, as you know, pushed out by missaligning male and female parts,
and forcing them together, I would be hesitant to glue the wires to the plastic connector
part, because the possibility of damaging brass parts in the future connection attempts.
JMHO... cheers 🍻

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the fast response

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,901 Posts
I used Goop, from the back, to hold the one wire in place. It's been about 10 years with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts