M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did not use torque wrench on pinch bolts when reinstalled front wheel. i used to much force and POP, i cracked the bottom of my forks:doh::cus::mad: i think the crack went all the way across. i got up and walked away. does any one knows how exspensive this part is? does anyone have one for sale? going to bike week in myrtle beach at the end of the month. i am not gonna sleep well tonight.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ask around here for bikes being parted out. There is always EBay too. Sorry for your luck. Get er fixed!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It is technically removable, but it is a real biatch.

There is an alen bolt that sits right above the axle hole, inside and a strange headed set bolt inset into the inner surface.

Once you get those out, it is a matter of heating the parts until you can screw the tube out.

Watch buying used tubes as slightly bent is a huge problem.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
OUCH, sorry to hear that. I know I am a little late in saying this but Always use a torque wrench. I hope that you get it resolved quickly. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
Wow, that's the first time I've heard of that happening. I would have thought the bolt would have stripped first.

I wouldn't try to repair it, and good luck on finding a good used one. They are expensive as you've probably found out by now.

The caliper is removable, but as SR pointed out the part it is attached to is not easily removable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts