M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Also on Ebay there are a few forks which are bent but you could get the part off of the forks. They are scratched up a little thou.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my safety and peace of mind is worth $410. i just ordered new fork and pinch bolts. i wanna thank everyone for their input.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
pulled off fork today. i was thinking, will a multi metal epoxy that holds up to 4500 psi and the two bolts would be enough to hold? http://permatex.com
O HELL NO!!! maybe if you back gouged it and had it welded I`m a certified welder and i don`t think I would even trust welding it Broo not for me anyway!! If I were you I`d post a want to buy lower fork tubes or just order new ones not worth the risk!! JMHO!!!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I think you should try it and then let us know how it works out for you :dontknow:

Without pioneers, where would this world be. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
my safety and peace of mind is worth $410. i just ordered new fork and pinch bolts. i wanna thank everyone for their input.
Good call. The forces at work on those forks is too high to trust a weld or glue, adhesive, etc.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
You could have taken it down to be heli-arc welded since it is all aluminum.

I am willing to bet the glue holds if you truly cleaned the complete sh1t out of it

Report back on how it does....

cheers and good luck bro

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Did anyone see this? He ordered a new one. Smart move. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts