M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met another 109r at the local bike show this weekend and he has the Ultimate Seat seat for his 109. That's the name of the seat (Ultimate Seat) It had good lower back support and was pretty comfortable and I was wondering if anyone here has one and their opinion.

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/SuzukiM109R.html

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Looks nice. Did you give it a try?

·
Registered
275 Posts
seat looks like it will push you foward. For me 6'1, Dont think it would work.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 6'1" as well. I sat on it but didn't put my feet on the pegs. The owner was about 5'11" or 6' and didn't mention if it pushed him forward or not.

So I'm not sure?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I haven't tried one but their website says it keeps you in the same position as the stock seat. I would agree that it looks really thick in the back. Intriguing nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have the seat. It doesn't push you forward...until you crack the throttle.
You feel more like you are sitting in the seat rather than on it.
My brother I rode to Vegas last week end (600mi round trip) and only stopped to feed the horses. By the way, he was on an Ultimate seat as well!

By bujee1 at 2010-08-01
I hate the flap for the backrest and there is no option to not have it. I hate that there is no back seat available. (My wife is jealous!) But I would buy the seat again in a heartbeat.

My next project is to get the seat recovered in some exotic material and have the rear seat done to match. (I'm glad you are back Baldiylatino!)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Make your own , much less expensive
here is all the stuffing I've put under the original seat cover
some gel some memory foam and some of the original seat padding.
Thw final look is better than these pictures because I removed the cover again ,
to put some strips of foam in sides to fill up and get rid-off the bizarre shape
caused by some small voids.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Would you say these seats are more comfortible then the suzuki gels? I have a gel and was going to look for an upolster here in Amarillo to try to fluff my seat some more, my butt is numb by 100 miles! is this seat worth buying or should i save some money and fluff it locally?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't tried one but their website says it keeps you in the same position as the stock seat. I would agree that it looks really thick in the back. Intriguing nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, their website says they can move you around +/- 1". This means up or down 1" and forward or back 1".
I have had Ultimate seats on all of my bikes in the past and they are the most comfortable memory foam seats I have sat on. I am 6' 2" have had Corbins, Mustangs, and a few customs and keep coming back to the Ultimate. I will probably end up with one on the C in the near future.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Would you say these seats are more comfortible then the suzuki gels? I have a gel and was going to look for an upolster here in Amarillo to try to fluff my seat some more, my butt is numb by 100 miles! is this seat worth buying or should i save some money and fluff it locally?
Absolutely.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have the Ultimate on my C109 and it is nice.
I have the backrest too.
I have put numerous 500 mile days on it.
This last summer I did three 1000+ mile days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts