M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bothered to take a second seat yet? Curious has to how comfortable it was. Not much of a problem for me, wife does not like riding.

·
Registered
817 Posts
taijiman said:
Has anyone bothered to take a second seat yet? Curious has to how comfortable it was. Not much of a problem for me, wife does not like riding.
Well... I haven't been back there myself but have taken a couple of ladies on extended rides. "Laurie" was on the back for about three hours and loved every second. "Tami" commented that it was a lot more comfy than it looks, but not as nice as the Mustang pillion on my C50 (no surprise there).

Actually, the major discomfort was for ME. Because these bikes have no backrest, in both cases the ladies were leaning right over me and my arms got really tired propping up myself AND the passenger. No more extended two-ups on this bike for me until I can rig it so the passenger can lean back further!

·
Registered
93 Posts
About the same here, no back rest so they lean forward on you, my wife compains with here back.... my vtx had back rest and a mustang seat, i think it spoiled her

P.S. it handles great two up

·
Registered
584 Posts
The bike handles great and you barely notice the extra passenger. My wife complained about her arms being tired after a short ride. The fact that there is no backrest on the bike prevents the hard take offs and giving the bike what it wants. Gotta keep the wifey on the bike though! haha

·
Registered
849 Posts
I prefer to fly solo, but there are any number of ladies I wouldn't mind having squeezing up against my back. I think my arms could take the pressure.
Jerbear

·
Registered
195 Posts
my wife sed it was OK. but i think that she needs a back rest because she sed that when i gassed on it she would slide back. that puts pull on me and with no back rest she leans on me too much. so to keep the pain down for both of us she needs a back rest for any long rides. and i have to remember not to goose it with her on the back so not to slide her off and that would be a lot of pain for me if I did that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Two up, the 109 is good. The seating position for both parties is very comfortable and upright... However,,,, a sissy bar would make things even better!

·
Registered
422 Posts
The seat is comfortable for my wife and the brakes are good for boob jaming :D
I have had my passenger seat modified to fit a Sissybar.
It's in the mail back to me so I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.
He built it how I asked so hopefully is OK

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Aussie109 said:
The seat is comfortable for my wife and the brakes are good for boob jaming :D
I have had my passenger seat modified to fit a Sissybar.
It's in the mail back to me so I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.
He built it how I asked so hopefully is OK
Would like pics as well as how much it cost and where it was done? Did you have it done there in Australia?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts