M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting to find a manufacturer who is turning out a nice 'Two into One' exhaust.....On page 25 of the 'M109R pics' there is a bike with 2>1..who puts this exhaust out ? It looks very similar to Std muffler from side view, but back reveals something way nicer!
Can anyone help me with this please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
z109r said:
Here is a homemade, I don't think a 2 into 1 is out yet.  :bigthumbsup: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=464.msg4586#msg4586                            pm lamonster,looks like his photo
Thanks..interesting to see the plumbing under the heat shields. I initially thought the pic on page 25 was a home made refit of standard parts..but rear cylinder heatshields are followinga different line to the standard curve. Rear of the muffler is not just a cut out std muffler...looks very professional whoever made it. Love to know. Have emailed LaMonster (who posted the photo) but no reply yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
Since there are none out yet I was thinking of cutting off the stock system at the collector before the SET thereby eliminating it. looks to be a fairly free flowing 2-1 up to the SET. then I will incorporate a LARGE Super Trapp SS muffler. this will allow some tuning off the backpressure or just run it with an open endcap....the choice will be mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
I am running mine wide open without any added back pressure and she feels like she has plenty of power. I was fortunate enough to have ran the bike in the 1/8th a few times stock and will be going again tonight for a comparison run. I will report those findings tommorow. Here is a pic of the 2into1 finished with the stock heat sheilds cut and beat back into place.Â
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
wildracing22,

how much did end up spending on yours? or was your work done by a buddy?

looks nice...

khrome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
I'm thinking about trying 2 diffrent 2 into 1. one like yours and one with the S.E.T. Did you use the stock top baffle? and any one looking to sell there stock exhaust?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wildracing22 said:
I am running mine wide open without any added back pressure and she feels like she has plenty of power. I was fortunate enough to have ran the bike in the 1/8th a few times stock and will be going again tonight for a comparison run. I will report those findings tommorow. Here is a pic of the 2into1 finished with the stock heat sheilds cut and beat back into place.Â
That is a beautiful piece of work Wild..congratulations. :bigthumbsup:What do you reccon the owner of the 2>1 Silver (109 pics.. page25) has done to the back of his pipe ..is this just a baffle gutting ?..looks much better than most rear pics I have seen!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LionsGate said:
Which guy on here was it that put a glasspack into the bottom heatshilds and had a 2.5 inch exaust when he was done.I cant find it  I wanted to see pic,s of how he did it again

JR,

I believe you're referring to Quiksilver's work on his pipes, here's a link for ya...

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=23.msg931#msg931

...and Lamonster posted a couple of pics of the pipes here...nice.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=23.msg1591#msg1591
Thanks LG...Quicksilver's job and the job done by Wild are superb! I like Wild's smooth lines going into the muffler but Quicksilver's (internal) muffler mod is how I would like to go. Unfortunately I don't live in 'part shopping paradise' (US), but I will sniff around a few muffler shops to see what is available in the way of a glass pack. It is so %$# cold/wet here at the moment I might as well make a start on some mods in anticipation of better riding weather.
Really do appreciate everyones input on this question! Thanks from NZ!:bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
rasputin said:
I have been waiting to find a manufacturer who is turning out a nice 'Two into One' exhaust.....On page 25 of the 'M109R pics' there is a bike with 2>1..who puts this exhaust out ? It looks very similar to Std muffler from side view, but back reveals something way nicer!
Can anyone help me with this please?
If anyone is looking for a performance 2>1 or stepped duals I am looking for a bike to use for proto-typing. I already have the system made but need a bike to check fit the bent parts on. If you live in Orange County Ca. or close please give me a call. I will give you a complete system just for the use of your bike. 714-630-1821 ext-28. Not soliciting or selling, just trying to give a regular guy a break instead of a shop. Thanks all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
If your looking for a performance 2>1 with heat shields I have them. I need a bike to check fit the mandrel bent parts on.
In return I will give this person a complete exhaust system for FREE!
If interested give me a call please 714-630-1821 ext-28. Must be an 06-07 M-109. Thanks all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Rasputin ,if you like lamonts and Hal's set up you can just order the Supertrapp muffler which im sure i would'nt be hard for you to get and then do the pipe cutting and welding necesary to make it all fit.

Here's my set up ,still need to make some tweaks and adjustments.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry..this thread is SO OLD that Rasputin (my grandfather :joke:) the original poster..died of old age ...still dreaming of a JR/Tazz config.

Thanks SeaBee68..I bought a Supertrapp ss muffler quite a few months ago..have tried it..but it isn't on the bike at present!
Thanks for the thought though..(belated or otherwise)! :bigthumbsup:

Dr Dave..thanks for the thought..bit far away here in NZ.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
rasputin said:
Sorry..this thread is SO OLD that Rasputin (my grandfather :joke:) the original poster..died of old age ...still dreaming of a JR/Tazz config.

Thanks SeaBee68..I bought a Supertrapp ss muffler quite a few months ago..have tried it..but it isn't on the bike at present!
Thanks for the thought though..(belated or otherwise)! :bigthumbsup:

Dr Dave..thanks for the thought..bit far away here in NZ.. :D
Hey Ras,
Sorry to hear about gramps.
I'm currently considering welding on an adapter to my collector to reduce the size to 2 or 2.5" to add just a tad more back pressure, and then leaving an option to insert a Summit racing cone in the end of my 4"chrome extension for a little lower tone yet. Just in case the sound gods get angry. That would move my investment up over a hundred dollar bill but I'm done it in pieces so it doesn't feel too bad.
jer


http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DTC-72-32530&N=700+115&autoview=sku
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top