M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had my bike aligned since when I called the dealer he said there is nothing but from eyesight to fix the alignment

But the steering seems to be stright but when I park it the Forks seem to hit the body panel (left Lower Body panel ) and have left a mark!

Is that what the Twisted fork is??? How do you fix it on M109?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Take your tank off and reseat it, I'm guessing its not seated correctly. I had the same issue the first time I put my tank on and missed the rubber feet. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: soooooooo did that do the trick?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No :dontknow:

It seems to be totally my alignment that's off, the handle bars almost touch the tank when I park and twist it to left but in the right hand position the clearance seems to be fine.

Well this happened after I dropped the bike a while back... I didn't really notice it much after it seemed that I had straighten it. It rides straight and the handle bars are completely square when riding straight. Only when I turn left it seems to be off.

Thanks for the input though.

Anyone else ????????????

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I seriously doubt that you have "Twisted Forks"  :D You probably need to check the risers and the bars for adjusting. Don't forget that the risers have little rubber rings at the bottom that can be a cause for some weird feelings while driving. It takes quite a whollop to bend or twist the forks  :bigthumbsup: Look for the small thins first.....

Hope this helps,
Don

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well I had an old GS450 that I had a similar problem with.. On that bike it had a stop built into it... the front was not out of alignment, however the stop got shifted when i wrecked... dunno if the 109 has it or not... but it's a possibility...
All i had to do to fix it was get a hammer and beat the stop back in the correct place....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Not sure how hard of a hit or lay down this was, need some more info on the accident or drop! I've always believed in fixing the simple stuff first or looking for the easy fix. Most of the time it has worked for me. It's a lot less costly IMHO...

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts