M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for some LED turn signals to put on both front and rear on my bike and I have been told some different things about them. First I was told I need to find a light that has 3 wires to go on the front to allow for running lights and I have had no luck with that. Second I was told I would not need a relay if I put led's on the front and back because they would balance out themselves. I am new to led's and don't know much so, if anyone has good info I would love to read it. would also like to see some pics of some nice smaller lights. thanks guy's.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have been looking for some LED turn signals to put on both front and rear on my bike and I have been told some different things about them. First I was told I need to find a light that has 3 wires to go on the front to allow for running lights and I have had no luck with that. Second I was told I would not need a relay if I put led's on the front and back because they would balance out themselves. I am new to led's and don't know much so, if anyone has good info I would love to read it. would also like to see some pics of some nice smaller lights. thanks guy's.
if u wanna run LEDs u dont have 2 have the 3wires 4 front,u just wont have runnin/parkin lights it will just b signals...if u dont want em blinkin fast then get the load equalizer,but ull need 2 sets 1 front 1 rear...i have em in rear w/equalizer,front is sportbike $20 signals...hope this helps...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
you don't need 3 wires but if you want the front to be running/turn you can use a duel element module I used them on my bike as far as the flashing goes if you don't want them not to flash fast use a flasher module I used a badlander flasher module and they all flash correct.the led lights will only balance out if you have your hazards on cause then you are spreading the voltage out over all 4.

rear raw design

front

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
you don't need 3 wires but if you want the front to be running/turn you can use a duel element module I used them on my bike as far as the flashing goes if you don't want them not to flash fast use a flasher module I used a badlander flasher module and they all flash correct.the led lights will only balance out if you have your hazards on cause then you are spreading the voltage out over all 4.

rear raw design

front
:agree: Easier install vs load equalizers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts