M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has mounted their turn signals on the rear strut. I need to know what type, size and length you used.

Thanx

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Oldfart, Just finished that mod tonight. I used the Kuryakyn small halogen silver bullets...(they are nice and bright) also bought the 2 inch Kuryakyn hollow bolts for metric ....install was easy just pop out the rear hex bolts on your fender stut and tie the wires in from the orig. turn signals....(only need 1 wire on signal (hot wire) the bullets ground themselves through the stut. Wanted to post pics but I also mounted my vertical LED plate holder so I had to put back together my rear fender...Ran out of time but it looks nice without all that plastic plate crap back there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I chopped off all of my turn signals front and rear. I want to add the kuryakyns front and rear but am waiting for the sissy bar. It will most likely mount near those fender strut bolts if not use them. I like the look.

·
Registered
164 Posts
oldfart said:
Anyone who has mounted their turn signals on the rear strut. I need to know what type, size and length you used.

Thanx
I used the Kuryakyn bullet large LED's (about the same size as stock). The only way to get the large LED's is to order the Harley part # 2369 (red lens). I just didn't use the mounts that came with it. I also used the Kuryakyn metric adapter bolts (for the 8mm strut threads). Very pleased with the LEDS, nice and bright and the large size looks great with this massive bike. I'll also wire the Kuryakyn run/turn/brake controller (I believe #4710) for some more visibility in the rear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everyone thanks for their replies. As soon as I can get the bolt out that my son broke and remount the seat I am going to get the bolts needed and mount those puppies. Thanks again.

oldfart

·
Registered
192 Posts
lostrider said:
Hey Oldfart, Just finished that mod tonight. I used the Kuryakyn small halogen silver bullets...(they are nice and bright) also bought the 2 inch Kuryakyn hollow bolts for metric ....install was easy just pop out the rear hex bolts on your fender stut and tie the wires in from the orig. turn signals....(only need 1 wire on signal (hot wire) the bullets ground themselves through the stut.  Wanted to post pics but I also mounted my vertical LED plate holder so I had to put back together my rear fender...Ran out of time but it looks nice without all that plastic plate crap back there.
Didin't you have to install the load balancer so they blink at the correct speed??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts