M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few have seen this mod as I had. I liked it so much that I did it to my own bike. For those wondering about the flash rate I bought 2 2 ohm units thinking I would need to run them (one for each light). I ended up needing 4 ohm units. I wired two 2ohm units together and threw in another set of diodes. I simply didn't want to wait to have the units working right.

This is the lights on and off.

The fronts off

Rear on and off.

I can't wait to get the side mount plate holder! It is on the way. Now someone make some intake covers that look stock and just have the center meshed for the filter!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great job. I just finished cleaning up my rear end with the same signal lts. and side mount also debadged this weekend. Suggestion for you put some chrome molding around the seam of your gas tank it really cleans it up. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Looks sweet :bigthumbsup: My only concern is the legality of that setup. If you live in a state that requires yearly inspections, be sure to let us know how that goes. A lot of states require turn signals to be a certain distance apart from each other so that from a distance, you can actually tell which signal is on. Not real sure how easy it is to tell the difference with those LED strips. They sure do look nice though. I may check on the legalities where I live and do the mod myself if they are legal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We really don’t have that issue here. We have only VIN inspection and that’s it. No emissions, no yearly check ups, nothing. I am not certain about other states but for us it is not going to be a problem. Aside from all of that they are bright as hell. Much brighter than the OEM setup. I am amazed.

Toneout....Thanks! I actually have three :D Perks of the job, building engine and tuning Porsches. :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
didn't know anybody in Kansas knew what a porsche was :joke: of course I'm in Oklahoma so I shouldn't talk. We don't have inspections of any kind here, so as long as the police don't have a problem, then you're ok on whatever you want to do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
didn't know anybody in Kansas knew what a porsche was
KC is not that bad. I haven't dodged a cow int he street for years :)

Actually we have about 600 members in the PCA here. Most of our work is nationally based so the local base is not so important. Here, have a look www.imagineauto.com.

Nah, the police here don't care about that stuff. They are pretty cool, at least this side of the city. Too many Sprint exec running around over here. They don't want to make the wrong big wig upset.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got mine here. http://www.customdynamics.com You want Flex LEDs. They are under turn signals.

I was trying to buy them from directline parts (board sponsor) however they never answer their phone then you get put into VM hell and hung up on. I even placed an order for grips and checked next day air...I still almost a week later have not heard back from them!!

Any way, ask for Dave at custom. He and I were emailing at midnight when I ordered my stuff. Karen is also great to deal with. Stand up crew!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
endorphine44 said:
Thanks for the quick reply. One more quesion, how did you get the stickers off of your bike? I'd like to take mine off but I'm afraid to use a heat gun or that sticker removing liquid. Thanks.
Look in the How To section in the Tech Threads. There's a post on this subject. One thing others have used that isn't mentioned in that thread is WD-40. It seems to dissolve the goo really well and not mess with the clear coat. One person is adamant about not using Goo Gone. Apparently it is not clear coat friendly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Use fish line and pull it across the back side of the sticker. I placed mine out in the sun for a couple of hours, pulled it across and cleaned it up with tar and bug removal.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
porschephd said:
Use fish line and pull it across the back side of the sticker. I placed mine out in the sun for a couple of hours, pulled it across and cleaned it up with tar and bug removal.
I tried that. I can't recommend it. It still left plenty of foam tape stuck to the tank and even left scuffs in my clear coat that need to be buffed out. I got just as good a result without the scuffs on the other side by just peeling the badge off. It left more foam, but it was just as difficult to remove as the other side. Either use a heat gun or leave the tank outside in hot sun for a few hours. YOu do need to make sure the tank is pretty low on gas or the gas will keep the tank from heating up well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Make sure you pull towards you and across. This keeps it away from the paint. It will leave the foam, that is unavoidable. You then use the bug and tar, WD-40 etc to clean the rest up.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Hey top of the page left corner or good old jc whitney :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts