M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the screw that holds the front left turn signal in place has vibrated out. Can anyone tell me what size screw that is and can I get one at Home Depot or something?

Thank you,
Jason

·
Registered
93 Posts
Turn Sig Bolt

Take out the one on the other side and take it to home depot. You can also go to a marine boat store like West Marine and get a stainless steel bolt that won't rust as quick as not galvanized. Be sure to hold the turn signal in and at the position you want it while tightening the bolt back in place.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
not sure on size but mine did the same damn thing two weeks ago while out on a 250 mile run.............chewing gum held it in most of the way home.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Same thing happened to me on a long run. I saw mine dangling when I was on the PA turnpike. A hardware store had what I needed.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That's funny - mine were on so dang tight that I ended up stripping the philips screw and had to use a screw extractor to get them out.

They are M6 x 1.00mm thread pitch and 10mm long, btw. Any hardware store with a decent selection of fasteners should have them. I'd recommend going with a socket cap or button head bolt and avoid the philips type screw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts