M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my pipes on and I did a run down my drive way and back, my driveway is 1/2 mile one way so this was about a mile run. That will give you an idea how loud these are. :eek: I got to tell you I about wet myself when I banged second gear and it got sideways on me. :yikes:

So tell me what you think. :D
http://www.m109riders.com/cobrapipes.WAV

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow they sound loud!! So could you actually feel a increase in power?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slickdj96 said:
Wow they sound loud!! So could you actually feel a increase in power?
I didn't say that, I just said it got sideways on me. Butt dyno is hard to tell but I would say I didn't loose anything. I'll get to the dyno ASAP and then we can see where we are at.

·
Registered
209 Posts
How long did they take to install?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slickdj96 said:
How long did they take to install?
Well it's hard to say but I'm going to post instructions that will help you guys out on the install and I found a short cut or two that will help. I would say this is about a two hour job give or take.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I look forward to seeing and hearing them at the Dragon one of these days. Let me know when you are going to be there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Awesome!! Have mine on order and should be in any day now...

Can't wait!!! :hot: :beer3: :hot:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SpeedStack said:
Just good to see that your bike is back together ! :bigthumbsup:

sounds awesome!

Do they have baffles ?

-Chad
Yes, they do. They are loud but it's a good loud. If you hold a rpm they quite down a bit but when you get on it they roar. :evil:

G

·
I had my volume down at first and wondered what all the excitement was about.  Once I cranked it up they sound good.  Life isn't fair though.  Why do you get to have 2 of the M109R and I get none for the next two days.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
:) :) :) :) :) :)I swear that sounds better than a built small block Chevy......the old 10.5 to 1 compression comes through those pipes loud and clear :) :) :) :) :)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OhioM109R said:
Did you have to change any of the pods on the FI2000R? If so, what did you change it to?
Right now I have it at the stock settings. No use in changing anything till I get on the dyno.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
By the way on my scale my stock pipes weighed 50 lbs. and the Cobra pipes are right at 30 lbs.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
George C said:
:bigthumbsup: Nice how hot did the heat shield get? Is it going to cook our leg?
It didn't get hot at all that I could tell. Then again I ride a Boss Hoss too. ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts