M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Keep in mind that the Mortons pipes do NOT have any type of baffles in them. Look at the shape of the pipe, the baffles would have to be curved. Not sure how you would even install some if you wanted to, so these puppies are gonna be LOUD! They look awesome, but there's a lot more to consider than just looks when selecting an exhaust IMHO.

·
Registered
330 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Gee, only $300 more than the other site was charging. Quite a price difference! :eek:
We recommend to get the following commponents:

Power cones to avoid back pressure ($35.00 set of two)
DFO (Digital fuel optimizer) ($225.00) or Power Comander-Cobra FI200R
Set of heat shield ($89.00)
Cable kit ($129.95)
all this is included on the other price.......except the heat shields. and the dfo on the other is tuned for there pipes too. so maybe the other is good but yet very loud... but loud is fun sometimes....i rode next to this custome the other day and his pipes where loud he had s&s motor with cobra dragsters. sounded good. i would like a set of those.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I can't put my finger on it , but there is just something about that style of exhaust I don't like :confused:

·
Registered
330 Posts
you know im all about looks and sound,,,but when performance drops. thats when i draw the line...form must follow function. first and formost. so things only go on my bike if they increase performance first then looks.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I am definately not about performance drops!! I am spending money to milk every last pony out of the bike I can get...
Last thing I want is to go backwards.

ppridgen1, do you know if he was running a PCIII or comparable system to adjust the A/F Mix?

:doorag:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bonehead said:
I can't put my finger on it , but there is just something about that style of exhaust I don't like :confused:
I think that they are too small in diameter. They don't look to be large enough to be tapped into an engine like the 109R. JMO. :dontknow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts