M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finaly got my turbo bandit finished, i blew it about a year ago and decided to get her back on the 1/4 mile, 360bhp at the wheel i know its not a 9, but i just wanted to share!! :doorag::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
That is awesome. I bet it moves out! Planning on extending the swingarm any more?

edit - I don't mean swap out the swing arm, but more pull the wheel further back.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That is awesome. I bet it moves out! Planning on extending the swingarm any more?

edit - I don't mean swap out the swing arm, but more pull the wheel further back.
Looks like if he adds some more chain to it he can move the rear wheel back another 4 inchs or so. Nice bike.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Looks like if he adds some more chain to it he can move the rear wheel back another 4 inchs or so. Nice bike.
Yea, that was my edit. I was curious if he planned on doing that and extending it back all or most of the way. Gotta figure if he is running the 1/4, even strapped down, that thing is going to come out hard and try to lift all the way down the track. I would think you want it back as far as possible.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I had the wheel at that position the last time we used it, we were trying to get our fastest wheelie time, I had it at 177mph on the back wheel while spinning it up, the bike would do more but I bottled it:D

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I had the wheel at that position the last time we used it, we were trying to get our fastest wheelie time, I had it at 177mph on the back wheel while spinning it up, the bike would do more but I bottled it:D
Good gawd....move it back and go run some e.t's and lets see some pictures of your face right after the run :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
COOOOOOOOOOL............:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good gawd....move it back and go run some e.t's and lets see some pictures of your face right after the run :p
Probably be next season know when we do some serious runs, but I'll be sure to post some pics/vids:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Do you have any better pics of the intake manifold? Is if a custom made intake mani or a kit?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have any better pics of the intake manifold? Is if a custom made intake mani or a kit?
Yhea we custom made it, tried a lot of off the shelf stuff but we coundnt get the numbers on the dyne, I'll get some closer pics in the week!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of times are you trying to run? low 7's?
7.3 was our best time last time we run but we've made a lot of mods to it and I've lost a shed load of weight myself so we will have to see!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
7.3 was our best time last time we run but we've made a lot of mods to it and I've lost a shed load of weight myself so we will have to see!
Well we both know to pick up a couple tenths at that e.t. will take a lot more power from what you had. Either way, here is hoping some 7.1's or better :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well we both know to pick up a couple tenths at that e.t. will take a lot more power from what you had. Either way, here is hoping some 7.1's or better :D
Yhea to be honest I think we will be doing
well to match it, it took a lot of time and
dedication to achive that time, and I havnt
got as much of either thease days it's more
about haveing fun than winning, well
that's how it starts out!!!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Yhea to be honest I think we will be doing
well to match it, it took a lot of time and
dedication to achive that time, and I havnt
got as much of either thease days it's more
about haveing fun than winning, well
that's how it starts out!!!!
Main reason my cars are gone. lol Starts getting expensive when you are not satisfied with the times. Sounds like you will be happy with whatever it runs as long as it is within range of your expectations.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Main reason my cars are gone. lol Starts getting expensive when you are not satisfied with the times. Sounds like you will be happy with whatever it runs as long as it is within range of your expectations.
One of my best friends had a real bad spill on the strip this year, probably never walk again never mind ride, so that's taken the need out of it a bit for me, but I've been walking past the bike for the last 12 months with a holed piston so I just had to rebuild it, to be honest I get much more out of building the custom 9s and fenders etc, and with that I usually make a few $$ as a posed to blowing **** loads, these fender kits have really taken off, I'm shipping them all over the world, and I've got a few more fender ides to crack on with:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts