M109 Rider Forums banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Too messy....The France Turbo 109 does not look anywhere near as good as Bigeh's!!!
If you are gonna do a set up like that on your bike first it has to be safe and perform well and second it has to look good and tidy.

You can keep trying guys but you wont top up the Aussie T109 :drool:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Too messy....The France Turbo 109 does not look anywhere near as good as Bigeh's!!!
If you are gonna do a set up like that on your bike first it has to be safe and perform well and second it has to look good and tidy.

You can keep trying guys but you wont top up the Aussie T109 :drool:
Thanks for the compliment Bro. :bigthumbsup:

I think its different strokes for different folks.

I'm sure there will be people that prefer the French one over mine.

I think its cool there are starting to be more 9s with turbo's on, but i think it would have been nicer if they could have worked the design around leaving all the plastic, chrome and pegs in place to keep the look of the 9. Just my 2cents worth.

Cheers Bigeh..

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have it all figured out for you all. He lives in Western Australia. It is widely known in the world of making horsepower that the airflow in that part of the world spins in the exact same direction as the blades on a turbo therefore making twice as much power per PSI as we can do over here in the USA because the air here spins the oppisite way that the turbo blades spin. It is all in the books if you want to go read them.
His numbers are correct and he is right. People that do these things don't do it so they can lie about how well it runs. They do it so they can prove how good it runs.
I am not a turbo guy but I believe his numbers.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have it all figured out for you all. He lives in Western Australia. It is widely known in the world of making horsepower that the airflow in that part of the world spins in the exact same direction as the blades on a turbo therefore making twice as much power per PSI as we can do over here in the USA because the air here spins the oppisite way that the turbo blades spin. It is all in the books if you want to go read them.
His numbers are correct and he is right. People that do these things don't do it so they can lie about how well it runs. They do it so they can prove how good it runs.
Hey Bones your spot on with the air direction thing mate, same as the toilet water spinning in different directions :a20::a20::a20:

Cheers Bigeh..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just have to say one thing to (hopefully a fellow rugger).....WOW!!!
I always wondered if anyone had the balls to put a turbo on a 9 and live to tell about it. As for those that sit on their AZZES and talk trash about what others do well ill pay for the postage so you can send your man card back to the big guy upstairs. :dontknow:NOT COOL! But back to what matters i give full congrats on being an innovator, a pioneer, a gentleman, and a scholar (it takes many pain staking hours to do what you did). Now all we need is an annual Aussie/Yanky rugby ride to get put together since Saturdays a Rugby day and Sunday is the Lord's day Fridays sound good.
Cheers and best luck mate
Brandon
(EXILES RFC NORTHWEST INDIANA)

·
Registered
624 Posts
G'day Brandon,

First of all :welcome: to world of the 109. Thanks for the kind words.
Yes dont mind a good game of rugby either.

Cheers Bigeh.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bang on Bones, :agree: :agree: :agree:

But you forgot to mention that the air is a lot thicker over here,
so when you compress it to 3psi its more like 8psi over in the USA

The Gas Man

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reviving an old thread here. I'm the current custodian of this beast! Terry handed over the keys to me last weekend, muttering something about being careful on it and the rear wheel spinning in the dry at 100 if you give it a handful of throttle!

It's a testiment to Terry's skill as a builder that it still looks great and goes very well after being used as a daily rider for years. It now has undercut gears to help there, along with new shift forks and drum.

I'm going to fix a couple of electrical issues then tidy up some cosmetics but can't ride it till mid September as this is a birthday present and I promised not to ride it until then.... once I do, I'll post up some videos.

In the meantime, here's a teaser:

Spooly boy startup

Andy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks beast man

Reactions: Andynogo

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
Reviving an old thread here. I'm the current custodian of this beast! Terry handed over the keys to me last weekend, muttering something about being careful on it and the rear wheel spinning in the dry at 100 if you give it a handful of throttle!

It's a testiment to Terry's skill as a builder that it still looks great and goes very well after being used as a daily rider for years. It now has undercut gears to help there, along with new shift forks and drum.

I'm going to fix a couple of electrical issues then tidy up some cosmetics but can't ride it till mid September as this is a birthday present and I promised not to ride it until then.... once I do, I'll post up some videos.

In the meantime, here's a teaser:

Spooly boy startup

Andy
Wow, happy (upcoming) birthday to you! Are you also ordering some custom jeans with an asbestos right leg? 😉
What I'd give to take that for a little spin..NICE!
Congratulations, and be safe. We don't like reading about riders down.
Cheers!

Reactions: Andynogo

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,052 Posts
It lives! That is something probably 3/4 of the members on here would love to have one of! Can't wait to see those pics! (y) (y)

81 - 95 of 95 Posts