M109 Rider Forums banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
G"DAY Rod, Yes mate quiet as a mouse!!! those that want to know anything know how to get hold of me. Yes we will have to catch up soon and Kwinana will be soon, about another month i think.

Cheers Bigeh..:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
i got to ask , can you hear the Turbo kick in ,,i cant imagine how it must feel :bow:

·
Registered
624 Posts
i got to ask , can you hear the Turbo kick in ,,i cant imagine how it must feel :bow:
Mate the first thing is you hear it wistling its head off :drool::drool: and then @ 3000 rpm it kicks you in the pants. :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

Bigeh..

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
i was talking about ur bike to a friend at work , he know that I am just a Cruiseing type of rider , but if i had your sett up i would take it to a 1/4 mile tracks just to see how it felt to really push it ,people over here like to talk dyno numbers , and i know that dynos are all different ,but the clock is the one to beat ,or the guy next to you :D

you must be havin a ball ,congrats Bro !!!!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
3lbs. is 3lbs. big or small turbo doesn't matter.
That is NOT the case. If it were, then why would there be so many different sizes/types of turbos on the market?

According to your logic, there should only be 1 turbo made, and the only difference in the way we use it is by the amount of pressure it's putting out.

Turbos are sized by their exhaust and intake wheels, along with exhaust and intake housings. 3lbs of pressure coming out of a 280cfm turbo, is nothing like 3lbs of pressure coming out of a 600cfm turbo.

On top of that, this bike is fairly high compression to begin with. 3lbs of pressure will yield higher horsepower numbers than it would on a low compression motor.

As an example: On a 9.5:1 compression ratio engine with a properly sized supercharger and an intercooler, you can see a gain of 34-45% at 5psi. http://www.procharger.com/faq.shtml

Given that this is a turbo, turbos run more efficiently, as it's not utilizing engine power and a pulley to turn it. So you can actually see a higher number than that 45%.

·
Registered
624 Posts
That is NOT the case. If it were, then why would there be so many different sizes/types of turbos on the market?

According to your logic, there should only be 1 turbo made, and the only difference in the way we use it is by the amount of pressure it's putting out.

Turbos are sized by their exhaust and intake wheels, along with exhaust and intake housings. 3lbs of pressure coming out of a 280cfm turbo, is nothing like 3lbs of pressure coming out of a 600cfm turbo.

On top of that, this bike is fairly high compression to begin with. 3lbs of pressure will yield higher horsepower numbers than it would on a low compression motor.

As an example: On a 9.5:1 compression ratio engine with a properly sized supercharger and an intercooler, you can see a gain of 34-45% at 5psi. http://www.procharger.com/faq.shtml

Given that this is a turbo, turbos run more efficiently, as it's not utilizing engine power and a pulley to turn it. So you can actually see a higher number than that 45%.
Thankyou jnjholding :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:.

Bigeh..

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thankyou jnjholding :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:.

Bigeh..
Yeah..... I'm a turbo junky....

Here's a funny picture to prove my point:

So, do we think that 3lbs of pressure out of both of these turbos will yield the same results?

I didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
no doubt about it jack....:joke:

Its only about the pressure. Why you could probably put a 1/2" turbo on a Mack truck and boost it right up....:joke:

lol

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

So, do we think that 3lbs of pressure out of both of these turbos will yield the same results?

I didn't think so.
Awww, how cute...:clap2:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts

I didn't think so.
Great-now look what you have done! My son is asking me where to get that small turbo and how well would it do on his 8hp go-cart....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
awesome job on the turbo 109's!
I used the same turbo on my busa gt2860rs
nothing like the rush of a turbo and to think I started out with 170 RWHP right now im at about 300RWHP

·
Registered
728 Posts

Not what I was saying at all. I am assuming that most people that put a turbo on a motorcyle will choose one that runs in its efficientcy range. At 3lbs - 7lbs most turbos you would install on a motorcyle would be in that range not overheating the air etc. So saying that 3lbs of boost preasure is 3lbs. Now if your talking a bout 15-20lbs whole different story. You are correct about the higher compression and I guess anything is possible. I usually run 8:1 on my motors, now I will go crawl back into my hole.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I own an '06 BMW 535D M Sport Touring, it is a twin sequential turbo 3.0 litre diesel, the small turbo spins from tickover, very little inertia, and then at 1700 rpm the bigger one kicks in as well, different pressures for each.
Makes for a turbo-lag free performance.
It's not just about size! (Hmmm, where have I heard that before?)

I really like the look of the Solleracing set up, I wonder how much it would be? I would think you'd have to upgrade the clutch & transmission too?

61 - 80 of 95 Posts