M109 Rider Forums banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't doubt you numbers BIGEH. I think anybody who does this sort of thing is [email protected], and I don't really see what posting bogus numbers would buy you. Hell, you're not even the guy that posted the numbers, so what would it buy that guy?!?!?!

That said, I would like to see and HEAR your bike tear up a quater mile. Just for my own satisfaction, not to prove your numbers or anything. I tried to check out the video on youtube, but I got the old 'video no longer available' message.

Does your setup add a lot of weight to the bike?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Mate its not a question of measuring anything, its a question of some of my mates posting up numbers of what i got with the turbo and insteed of people asking for the facts as to how we got those numbers, (over a 6 month time frame with remanufacturing components to make it work ) some people decide to pop there heads up and clearly state my numbers are not POSSIBLE.

So forgive me and clearly my mates for being a little PISSED OFF !!!!

Now to answer your question it is a Garrett GT 2860 Disco Potato.

Cheers Bigeh..
just ignore the haterz man. There are a lot of people on the internet that don't know anything but like to talk as if they do. There are some that have run over 200hp but they don't post here and these people are a lot of the reasons why

·
Registered
899 Posts
Why shouldn't a Turbo kit deliver 170-185 hp?

As I posted before, this one works and have been "in service" for over a year, couple of Swedish Riders tried it out but found it scary, wheel spin on most of the gears.

The modified clutch holds up as well.

185 hp, runs on E95 (to avoid lowering compression)

BTW the smoke is from the tire

·
Registered
624 Posts
I don't doubt you numbers BIGEH. I think anybody who does this sort of thing is [email protected], and I don't really see what posting bogus numbers would buy you. Hell, you're not even the guy that posted the numbers, so what would it buy that guy?!?!?!

That said, I would like to see and HEAR your bike tear up a quater mile. Just for my own satisfaction, not to prove your numbers or anything. I tried to check out the video on youtube, but I got the old 'video no longer available' message.

Does your setup add a lot of weight to the bike?
Thanks for your support Bro,

Mate that video wouldnt give you much anyway, that was the first run around the car park before it was even tuned.

I dont believe that there is alot of weight gain when you take into account the weight of a standard exhaust system which i have lost.

The bike will be going down the 1/4 mile so keep looking you never know your luck !!!

Cheers Bigeh..

·
Registered
624 Posts
just ignore the haterz man. There are a lot of people on the internet that don't know anything but like to talk as if they do. There are some that have run over 200hp but they don't post here and these people are a lot of the reasons why
Mate you are right i am DONE with this thread !!

Thankyou for your support and all the others with positive remarks :bigthumbsup:

Mate on another note my next project on the bike is a full airbrush job, and your bike is such an awsome example and an inspiration.
If i lived over your side of the water you would get the job on mine.

Cheers bigeh..

·
Registered
624 Posts

As I posted before, this one works and have been "in service" for over a year, couple of Swedish Riders tried it out but found it scary, wheel spin on most of the gears.

All im going to say is :agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Bigeh..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Oh well if Bigeh doesnt I will :evil:
Stay tuned coz I will be deffinitely recording the 1/4 mile run

I just want to see what the "know it all" fools have to say then
Actually maybe I do...hang on...its coming to me....Someone will probably say that I did some video editing to fix the numbers!!!!

:clap2::2excited:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
maybe I wasnt clear

I didnt mean to imply that your numbers where fudged, but that people can play with a dyno to make it say what they want. and that its not really for bragging rights but a tool to get all there is out of your toy
(so that when you do twist or stomp on it you get the max performance)
I wouldnt care if you said 180hp, 280hp, or 380hp

me wanting to see it run down the drag strip was just for my own selfish
thrill of seeing a kick arse machine do its thing
(reason for the 1/4 mile is its what 99% of people run to impress and show off performance)

I think you have done alot of work and have a pretty sweet 9 for reward
ride with pride and you dont have to be defensive, I like it
and would still like a video, even a video of it doing the launch like in pictures would be cool

im not a hater, im a "want to see more of it" guy

·
Registered
586 Posts
i love the turbo 109s im sure there will be one here in texas before i know it. good job on making it run good for ya

·
Registered
7 Posts
First class turbo job.

I give credit where credit is due. That is a work of art and funsion. I can only say I wish I was the first to lay claim to the first M109R(T). I look foward to finishing mine. You are right to say most only know enough to criticize and not venture out to explore the posibilities and enjoy there own work. Good job.

Its my mate BIGEH he is a memeber here as well.
He did everything by himself.
All the mounts,made his own exhaust,intercooler..... and the best thing is it actually looks really good.Wait til he chromes everything :clap2:

He dynoed it at the minimum possible just to be rideable and he got at 5000rpms with 3 pounds of boost which is nothing as you all know that our bikes rev to 8000rpms and you can safely boost the turbo up to 5 or even 6 pounds.

He got 175HP!!!!!:bow::bow::bow::bow:

I reckon 200HP is possible if he got this no. with minimum set up

·
Registered
384 Posts
I am very impressed, I don't know a tone about bikes overall but I learn everyday and to see such talented people here is great! keep doing what you do. Haters are going to hate. Props bigeh!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I love to see the progression the 109 is going through. This bike has the potential to become a classic and every innovation every new direction every customization brings it farther along the path. Pretty soon people will be looking back at all of this and saying Wow I wish I could have been a part of all of that... so Bigeh keep it up! There will always be those who can't find anything good to say and concentrate on the negative. This bike has amazing potential. Thanks for doing what you are doing!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Bigeh,

First off, ton of respect out to you for what you've done with the turbo. Down with the haterz, up with inovation.

Would you care to elaborate at all on what you've done to the clutch?

Again, outstanding work mate, keep it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
boost @ 3lbs

This engin is not like most other twins. The heads each have 4 valve in them. So everyone agrees if more flow equals power then that is a significant factor to its numbers. We are talking about a piston over 3 inches across with a 3.5 stroke. It seems doable. The more efficent the engin the better it respond to performance. 8)

I agree with Irish4life8911 as gaining 63 horsepower at the rear wheel would be quite difficult with only 3lbs of boost from a turbo charger being the only modification. Now if these numbers were measured at the crank (127 horsepower at the crank) I could see the addition of 48 horsepower being much more likely.

·
Registered
223 Posts

dam i want one

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
OK OK just for all of you "Know it all people" how about we make a bet?

I'm a businessman and I love making $$$ off fools like you :D

I know whats been done on the Bigeh's bike coz I was there and I saw the numbers but for all the Muppets that like to sit on their asses and talk :edit: how about we see what you got now

Here it is, I'm willing to bet anyone here $1000 that the numbers that Bigeh posted are correct!!!

For all of the ppl that are willing to take me up on the bet that the bike will not produce that kind of power put the $$$ where your pie hole is!!!

The way to prove it is easy,we will put the direct streaming of the dyno from Rilusi motorcycles and Dyno Dinamics to eliminate the possibility of some one talking :edit: again and saying that we had a happy dyno.

We will nominate the PayPal account where all of you muppets will put your bet money, my money will be waiting there for yours.

Losers lose their $1000 + pay for the dyno expense

LET THE GAME BEGIN!!!! :evil:
Bump

Turbo Guys ,,,, anyone :dontknow:

I really respect any one who thinks out side the box , and you guys Down under are puhing the envelope ,

on a side note , have you done any upgrades to the drive line system,after the turbo work ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Serb

I'm not seeing too many wagers being placed. Think that might have made some pull their heads in a bit. The hole under the nose is pretty wide until someone calls their bluff.

Bigeh

Looks like you have gone a bit reclusive on this one. Don't blame you mate. Mostly the guys on here are good with the exception of one or two f/wits who spoil it by having to know better than anyone else.
Looking forward to catching up one day guys. Let me know when Kwinana is on.
Take it easy.

Rod

·
Registered
624 Posts
Serb

I'm not seeing too many wagers being placed. Think that might have made some pull their heads in a bit. The hole under the nose is pretty wide until someone calls their bluff.

Bigeh

Looks like you have gone a bit reclusive on this one. Don't blame you mate. Mostly the guys on here are good with the exception of one or two f/wits who spoil it by having to know better than anyone else.
Looking forward to catching up one day guys. Let me know when Kwinana is on.
Take it easy.

Rod
G"DAY Rod, Yes mate quiet as a mouse!!! those that want to know anything know how to get hold of me. Yes we will have to catch up soon and Kwinana will be soon, about another month i think.

Cheers Bigeh..:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

41 - 60 of 95 Posts