M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
It would be nice to see someone in the US do this....any ideas?

·
Registered
624 Posts
:welcome: + :congrats:

This is from their site Menu
Suzuki 1800 Intruder Turbo 200HP

Airbox Plenum
£300.00 powercommander, boost hub, 3 bar map sensor
£350.00 Fuel Pump
£190.00 Fuel Regulator
£140.00 Air Hoses
£100.00 Water hose
£100.00 Vacuum and Fuel Hoses
£20.00 Headers
£500.00 Modified Mitsubishi MD04 turbo with adj' wastegate
£800.00 blow off valve
£140.00 Stainless steel outlet exhaust
£240.00 Gaskets
£50.00 Air Filter
£50.00 Clutch upgrade kit
£40.00 Brackets and Fasteners, etc
£20.00
Parts Total £3,040.00 Labour (Ride in/Ride out inc' Dyno Time, etc) Labour Total £800.00

Suzuki 1800 Intruder Turbo 260HP

Carrillo conrods
£400.00 Turbo pistons
£400.00 Injectors and connectors
£200.00 Airbox Plenum
£300.00 powercommander, boost hub, 3 bar map sensor
£350.00 Fuel Pump
£190.00 Fuel Regulator
£140.00 Air Hoses
£100.00 Water hose
£100.00 Vacuum and Fuel Hoses
£20.00 Headers
£500.00 Modified Mitsubishi MD04 turbo with adj' wastegate
£800.00 blow off valve
£140.00 Stainless steel outlet exhaust
£240.00 Gaskets
£100.00 Air Filter
£50.00 Clutch upgrade kit
£40.00 Brackets and Fasteners, etc
£20.00
Parts Total £4,090.00 Engine labour Engine Labour Total £500.00 Labour (Ride in/Ride out inc' Dyno Time, etc) Labour Total £900.00

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey "T"! Can you just donate your kit to me? I'll give it a loving home. I think I can pay for shipping...:dontknow::doorag:
Hey "H" my friend, i heard a very sick rumour that you were selling or sold your baby, is this true?? and if so i guess i should cancel the shipping :dontknow:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at the power figures quoted on the holeshot website for the power output ( 200 & 260 bhp!) for their turbo conversions on the 109, do these figures seem realistic?
Bigeh, how does the list of work/parts compare to your bike? Thinking that 260 ponies in a bike that looks this good is the future. Figured since they list them on their site it must be tested etc (holeshot have a good reputation over here)

·
Registered
567 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats:

I've only seen one bike on here with a turbo, and he's from Australia. You might try contacting him to see what it takes, but he made his from scratch.

bigeh:
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/member.php?u=27972
I saw one other...long time ago. As far as I know, they were both 1 offs. Know that both BIgeh's and the other significantly changed the look of the bike (lol). I love the idea of the HP but I have yet to see a turbo on the 109 that I would consider "sleek".

OK, here's the other one: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90083&highlight=turbo

·
Registered
624 Posts
Looking at the power figures quoted on the holeshot website for the power output ( 200 & 260 bhp!) for their turbo conversions on the 109, do these figures seem realistic?
Bigeh, how does the list of work/parts compare to your bike? Thinking that 260 ponies in a bike that looks this good is the future. Figured since they list them on their site it must be tested etc (holeshot have a good reputation over here)
Dmax,
The parts list looks about right, i didn't notice anything about oil feed or oil return lines, don't know what boost they are running but with 260hp they must be running pretty high boost, but no offer of an intercooler ( but then it is England and the weather never gets hot over there :joke:)

200 hp is realistic and safe with standard internals, 260hp if you are going to do internals to the engine and a lot of Dyno time would be achievable, my only concern running 260hp would be the drive line.
I personaly have never seen a turbo 109 come out with their name on it to say they have actually done one or not.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I saw one other...long time ago. As far as I know, they were both 1 offs. Know that both BIgeh's and the other significantly changed the look of the bike (lol). I love the idea of the HP but I have yet to see a turbo on the 109 that I would consider "sleek".

Know that's just funny, when you have a bike were you are lucky to hide a box of match's anywhere, how do you think you can add something like a Turbo and still have it look "SLEEK"
I like the fact that people walk past the bike, they stop come back just standing there scratching their head while walking around the bike atleast 3 times saying are you insane or WHY, my normal replies are yes i am would you like my psyche's phone number, and the answer to WHY is, because i can!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
IMO 200hp is very reasonable but to get 260 without any engine work you are taking a chance. To get a safe 260 you should at least upgrade rods, pistons and use a spacer or thicker gaskets. Oh and don't forget about the extra fuel that you will need. At 260 an inter-cooler is recommended also

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the info guys, i will give Holeshot racing a call after the weekend and ask about the intercooler / oil feed etc - will post their answers once ive spoken to them.
So 200 is pretty realistic without swapping internals, whats a realistic figure without the turbo but with filter, pipes and power commander etc??

thanks in advance everyone

·
Registered
624 Posts
thanks for the info guys, i will give Holeshot racing a call after the weekend and ask about the intercooler / oil feed etc - will post their answers once ive spoken to them.
So 200 is pretty realistic without swapping internals, whats a realistic figure without the turbo but with filter, pipes and power commander etc??

thanks in advance everyone
Yes 200 is realistic without internals!!

Anywhere around 125hp with a good 2 into 1 exhaust air pods Pc3 and Dyno time is easily reached.

I would love to hear what Holeshot come back with, i had a look around their site but couldn't find any reference to the 109.

Cheers Terry..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just spoke to Holeshot, they confirmed that they do fit oil feeds etc for the turbo,they said they could fit an intercooler or charge cooler but at the power levels quoted said they were not necessary for road use. They also said that they dont do the turbo for the M1800 / M109 as a kit like they do for R1/Busa's etc so the bike has to go to them to be done. :mad:
i asked the question of how it will look once done, and they said it looks very similar to the Vrod conversion they do ( see pics) but they give a choice of exhaust shape and colour - a black ceramic coating is available!

http://www.holeshot-racing.co.uk/uploads/images/vrod3.jpg
http://www.holeshot-racing.co.uk/uploads/images/vrod4.jpg

They said their local suzuki dealer keeps mentioning them doing their 1800 to use as a show piece for their store so finger crossed there will be some images from that in the near future.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts