M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a club ride last weekend.
One of the members riding a busa pulled up next to me at the lights......................
Nows your chance to beat the Busa........He said.
Ok I replied, and proceeded to rev up as if to launch.
The lights turned green, he took off like it was his last race on earth,.............I leisurely pulled, watching his back wheel spinning madly to get traction.
At the next lights he was waiting for me, My smile was bigger than his, I promised to give him a real test as soon as my bike was run in.
Obviously the M109 touched a nerve, he thought he had something to prove, I called him, he took the bait and I feel I came out on top.
Maybe one day I will take him on, but this bike is so much more than that.
If a busa did it for me, it would be in my garage now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I rode about 20 miles next to my nephew on his gsx-r 1000 going about 65 mph and when we both opened the throttle his bike took off like a bullet it didn't suprise me.I didn't buy the bike for speed, I know the 109 is fast though and I love it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here are numbers for top gear acceleration tested by Motorrad:

M109
60 - 140 km/h 10,1 s

GSX-R 1000
60 - 140 km/h 6.1 s

60-140 km/h is 38-88 mph. I didn't find numbers for the Hayabusa, but it is probably around the same or a little faster than the 1000.

Edit:

I found better numbers for the 109:

60-140 km/h 9.0 s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I realise that I stand no chance against a busa, but it feels so good to bait someone who has a hardon to prove that his bike is so fast.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
What do you guys think are the chances to take a Honda 600RR through the 1/4 ??
Agree with JR on the 8th. I took an F2 and ZX-6 to 90 but they were both 2 up.

If I was on the ZX-6 it wouldn't be a contest. The M109 is so easy to launch though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The clown on the boosa must have been a real a-hole, I would never try to race a croozer with my boosa or vice versa.

·
Registered
41 Posts
onr thing you left out, I said the m109 was in forth and the busa was in sixth. @ 50 to 60 mph roll on's.
that was the difference. a 1000 or busa is too low in the power. to catch up tpthe 109 till the top

·
Registered
721 Posts
J R said:
To tell ya the truth the 600 should win.But...... the rider makes all the difference in the world and the 109 will come outta the hole easier.Id say a 1/8 mile race would be a good race the 1/4 the 600 is gonna back half ya ( that means reel ya in on the big end of the track ) But for sure if ya ran an 1/8 mile and the 600 didn't have it on the ball outta the hole theres a chance ya might get one of the older 600,s.Some of the new 600,s with a light rider run :eek: It all boils down to rider I seen guys with tons of money in there bikes with arms and hot motors ect that cant run any faster than mid 12,s on a gsxr 1000 its all about the rider as far as sportbikes go there hard to get outta the hole without doing a wheelie so newbies and some guys cant do it and get beat down at the track no matter what they race :bigthumbsup: The 109 my grandma could drag race there freaking beyond easy and safe :bigthumbsup:  Grandma always could 60 foot like nobody's business LOL
Hmm, Grandma sounds coooool : )
Guess I'll leave the 600 alone.... the guy is tiny and been riding since age 5-6 LOL!!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
J R said:
The 109 my grandma could drag race there freaking beyond easy and safe :bigthumbsup:
I'm still gettin a feel for my 109. I'm not a very experienced rider. I do want to be able to really gun it at a light, but I'm worried at what the bike will do. I'm assuming the bike will more than likely just spin the wheel if I dump the clutch at too high a RPM, but I'm worried that the front will lift up. How hard was it to get your nose up in the air in those pics? Did you really have to throw your weight back and yank on the bars, or did the torque make it easy? Did you add weight to the rear of the bike (curious because of the large tail bag in the pic)? I know it isn't gonna wheelie as easy as a sport bike, but I don't want to find out accidentally. I can handle some tire spin, but I'm not ready to lift the front wheel off the ground just yet. I guess this goes back to the other post where the guy wanted tips on a perfect launch. I guess as long as I keep my weight firmly planted and don't allow my upper body to get pulled back from the torque then I won't have to worry about the nose lifting as much as I would spinning the rear tire. I would just like to hear it from somebody who has done it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
super tuner said:
a 1000 or busa is too low in the power. to catch up tpthe 109 till the top
I seriously doubt that.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
About the only thing the M109R would come out on top with the Busa if you line both bikes
up about 300' apart facing each other and twist the throttle ..the M109 may suffer the lesser of damage.

·
Registered
572 Posts
man00 said:
About the only thing the M109R would come out on top with the Busa if you line both bikes
up about 300' apart facing each other and twist the throttle ..the M109 may suffer the lesser of damage.
What about if you tied a rope to both, going opposing directions..... who would start pulling the other?

LOL

:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
man00 said:
:eek:

·
Registered
600 Posts
No, it would be like this...

:eek: :evil:

Two drivers staring each other down...

Now that's funny... lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts