M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check out this video. :eek:

Notice the long shadows in the video. The sun was low and right behind the biker. I'd guess the guy in the pickup didn't see the bike because of the sun being directly in his eyes. This video is timely for me because yesterday I found myself in this exact situation and thought about this every time I approached another vehicle. Fortunately, nobody turned in front of me but this is something we should all think about.

By the way, the biker was a U of Iowa football player and surprisingly walked away with just some "bumps and bruises".

Just tryin to keep the shiny side up. ;)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
The guys on a scooter, with shorts and flip flops. Lucky to be alive.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I hope he went over to the driver and told him that he has been hit harder by a punter, then choke slammed some sense into that inattentive idiot.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
thats why I have hid lighting and run the high beam during the day P.S. nieghbor saw me coming down the street and said it looked like a welders arch flash,,,, good, rather be annoying then dead:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
408 Posts
I always ride with my high beam on during the day & slow down approaching intersections. I'm also watching every car at a side street & constantly scan the road.

·
Registered
813 Posts
thats why I have hid lighting and run the high beam during the day P.S. neighbor saw me coming down the street and said it looked like a welders arch flash,,,, good, rather be annoying then dead:bigthumbsup:
:agree:

Yep! Me TOO!!! Plus I added FOUR forward-facing LED fog lights to boot...the thing I fear most is getting t-boned and if someone turns in front of me now, it is because they MEANT too! That means I can go after them and smack them with my helmet when I catch them!! :evil:

Now I have to figure out a rear-end "shield"...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I hope he went over to the driver and told him that he has been hit harder by a punter, then choke slammed some sense into that inattentive idiot.
:agree:....Another perfect example of a cage driver in his/her own little world, not :edit: paying attention!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
i was just about to post this I am amazed he even got up I would of thrown some punch for sure lucky he wasn't killed.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
That's the situation we all dread: some idiot turning left in front of you and no where to bail. It happened to me many years ago. Luckily he was driving a sports car so I bailed over the top at 55 mph. Helmet, gloves, pants and boots definately saved my body that day.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
truck wasnt even in the intersection before he started cutting across the corner, rider never flinched or grabbed for breaks

(we darn sure have to watch out for ourselves because we all know no one else is)

until they start charging cagers with vehicular homicide for killing bikers nothing will change.

this is why I like the blacktop two lanes around my small town, when I ride in the city I really dont get to enjoy the ride as much because im constantly watching for blind spots, wandering cages, texters etc. and planning escape routes or manuvers for
(not if)
but when they put my life on the line. so I can increase my odds of surviving

1 - 14 of 14 Posts