M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to mount this thing and its really pissing me off. I am not mechanically stupid, but damn...there has to be a friggin spacer in here for this to work right in my opinion??

Here is what I have:
First Pic shows where the mount is interfering with the diff housing:
2nd pic shows gap on back side, not even close to being tight yet...and shows interference on diff cover:
3rd pic shows more interference
4th pic shows the way it sids ****eyed out with not even being close to tight and if I did tighten it would gash the pi$$ out of the diff even worse.

Any suggestions?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
I would stack some washers behind it, or cut a piece of tubing to make a spacer. It should have something in there to give it a flat surface to mount to.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I just got mine from Timbo and it came with 3 washers. 2 stack between the hub and the mount, and the 3rd is a shiny washer for the outside between the bolt head and the mount.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Gottatooz is right. Mine came with three washers also. No problems here. But, I know what you mean about the gash. Once, I forgot to put the washers on when tightening and gashed it.:doh:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Gottatooz is right. Mine came with three washers also. No problems here. But, I know what you mean about the gash. Once, I forgot to put the washers on when tightening and gashed it.:doh:
:agree: Minus the forgetting the washer. Did you get this used?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i got mine directly from squirrel and it came with 3 washers one polished and two unpolished. polished one on the front and the other two on the backside.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got mine from custom dynamics online and it came with a new bolt and bushing.........they have install instructions on their site if you wanted to take a look at how they did it...... otherwise i would just run the washers behind it till it spaced it out right!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
It came off my bike, but I don't think it had any washers under it just the one on top.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I Work for Squirrel at Gregg's Stainless Steel.

You need 2 washers under it and one over it. Then the bolt.

The top one is polished stainless. Cause you can see it.

If you ordered the plate from Squirrel, or not, contact him, and he can send you a new set.

Or, go to Ace hardware. They have them. I think they are 7/8".

Don't even think of mounting it without the washers as you will not only bend the s**t out of it, but it won't stay in place.

Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts