M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pretty much just yanked them off and was left with a ton of adhesive. I have tried to get it off with a credit card and WD40 with no luck. I soaked the adhesive with WD40 every 10 minutes for an hour. Tried the CC again and no luck.

Anyone know how to get this shit off?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Patience and a women with finger nails. :D It sucks, but it will come off. Also a hot air gun or a hair dryer may help (that goes along with the women part :p) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
593 Posts
The safest way is adhesive remover designed for the use on painted surfaces. Whatever you do be careful in what you use on the plastic painted surfaces. Z- 8)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its over 105 degrees in my garage, I guess I figured that would be hot enough.

What about gasoline? Would that work better than WD40?

I would just run out and get some specail remover, but I live out of town and don't want to go get a special product unless I absolutely have to.

G

·
I used this Goo Gone Gel. It comes in a little spray bottle. I still had to work at it with a finger nail for a bit...but it came off!! You MUST get as much of that dark gray colored foam stuff off first. Then just work on that adhesive. Make sure ya throw on a coat of wax when done. Good luck!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Here's what I did for the tank. Grab the wifey's hair dryer and some waxed dental floss. Warm the adhesive up carefully and carefully saw through the ****. Remove any excess with wd wonder or goof-off. Be sure not to use goof-off on your plastic. The M109R badges on the side covers come off relatively easy. Good Luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
brake cleaner will be the best thing to use.... just make sure you wash the area after you used it.....it dry itself but is still a strong stuff .......

I don't recommend it on plastic part........ even do i did it........ i did seem to melt it..... but may have taken some shine away......

·
Registered
593 Posts
GhostRider said:
brake cleaner will be the best thing to use....         just make sure you wash the area after you used it.....it dry itself but is still a strong stuff .......

I don't recommend it on plastic part........ even do i did it........ i did seem to melt it..... but may have taken some shine away......
most brake cleaners come with a warning to keep them away from painted surfaces

1 - 10 of 10 Posts