M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know we have a Troll/Stocker that likes to play on our board. You may not spot him at first but it won't take long before he gives himself up. I try and screen all the memberships and I have caught a few of his attempts to register for new accounts but a few have slipped by. ::)

I'm asking you the members to keep an eye out for this guy and if you suspect that he has showed up again just click the 'Report to Moderator" link in that message and I will keep an eye on it.

Some of you new guys may not know what we are talking about but here's a good link to what a troll is. This guy fits the description to a tee. Best thing to do is don't feed the troll. ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you able to get his IP, time and date? If you think this is the same guy, I can then trace it to the IP's owner. I do not think he is smart enough to spoof his IP. An ISP typically will notify this person and it usually stops.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Lamont:

Their MO's never change. They cloak themselves for awhile then cast off the sheep's clothing. Guess it gets to hot for them under all that wool :) :) :) by any other name, a wolf is a wolf!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah it can be pretty easy to spot him sometimes. I must say it's alot more peacefull here with him gone.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is good info. That guy got under my skin but now that I now that is what his intent was it doesn't bother me. Knowledge is power. Don't feed the trolls!

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Okay, but what do they do? Administer viruses, spam the heck out of the members or just cause havoc in general thru taunting?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Check the why is the HP so low given the great stats thread and you will see a troll taunting members.

People are weird. I totally don't see why they do it.

Guess if mommy and daddy didn't love you and you are afraid to go out in public the internet is a pretty good tool for you to vent your frustration on.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i'm a bit dissappointed we only have 1 troll, personally. they are entertaining.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Now I feel stupid. I have seen a couple of those ding dongs on other forums (dieseltruckresource, and others) What a shame they feel the need to piss people off. Good luck keeping these morons off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just cruised thru a few postings here and other truck forums I belong to. I can so see it now. Well I learned something new today. Like I wrote before, there is no real reason to do that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts