M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for some more free crack! Me and the wife will be there, riding the Rocket III and some of their other cruisers and sports bikes. These things are so fun. I will probably go on Friday because there is less people. Here is the link, its in Costa Mesa.

http://www.rideatriumph.com/Reservation.aspx?Type=event&EventId=92

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sweet, we have our appointment for Friday morning 12/10 at 9:30 to ride the Rocket III, I told the demo coordinator to make sure its the more powerful one :) Then at 10:30 we ride the Triumph Daytona. I told him the sports bike is pure curiosity, I have never ridden one. So if you are there and see an average looking chump with a beautiful Italian girl, tap me on the shoulder and say hi. Thomas

·
Registered
146 Posts
Truimph Ride

After putting miles on My Rocket today the power is very smooth and so far the only motorcycle cruiser style to have as much pull as the M109. Enjoy your demo ride. Right now I enjoy My Rocket III very much along with the M109. The Thunderbird 1700 was a nice bike, but nothing compared to the Rocket III. You might walk home with one like me. Cant beat the deal of 13,999 for the amount of power you get.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Test Ride

How was the test ride appt?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How was the test ride appt?
I don't know if most of the fun is in the riding or what leads up to it, but it was fun! We got there early and the ground was wet because of fog so we waited an hour then they pushed the schedule back to 10:30. So we didn't get on the Rocket but on our second bike, the 675 Daytona.

I was told it has a very aggressive position, my A$$ was higher than my face lol. It was a little nerve racking as I have never been on a sports bike before. I can say that it was 4 minutes of pure exhilaration and 26 minutes of torturous pain! My wrists felt like they were about to explode! I have a new respect for those that ride sports bike, how do they take long rides on them though? It did however corner like a dream and the acceleration was... OK. I guess I was expecting more because of the mystique of the sports bike. But I wouldn't put it faster than our 9's, at least it didn't feel like it. It was fun winding that motor up to 8-12K RPM's though :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts