M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the Suzuki dealer the other day and I had the chance of checking out the new 2021 Rocket 3 GT ... a monster bike .
Actually, I was impressed with the build quality and the engine , which is a monster 2.5 ltrs
I liked the bike a lot but it has a problem for me : the seat is just too high for me at 29.5 inches . I am 5` 9" so I cut barely touch the floor with my toes , so , not good .
Otherwise , man , this bike is very impressive for sure .
Has anybody else looked at it ? I am curious as to the different opinions of M109r owners with respect to this bike , so , please, if so, post your opinion .
Thanks

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes, I seriously looked at the bike when they first came out. I am 6'-4" and the bike was reasonably comfortable for my long legs and big feet. The model I was most interested in had adjustable rider pegs and controls. I was ready to buy it, but when I the salesman told me that the total price was much higher than the advertised price because of transportation and setup charges, I declined. I think one could get a low-end Gold Wing for the same price.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,901 Posts
My brother has a rocket 2 (and 7 other bikes!) and it's pretty awesome. I have drooled over the Rcket 3, but the price is AWFULLY high, and in my opinion, they are ugly-looking. Still, the power must be incredible, and they get great reviews.

Reactions: Joe RC51

·
Registered
196 Posts
They're quick , but they're so damned ugly. At least you don't have to look at it while you're sitting on it. 🤣 The exhaust note of a triple 4-stroke is almost as bland as a BMW boxer twin.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
They're quick , but they're so damned ugly. At least you don't have to look at it while you're sitting on it. 🤣 The exhaust note of a triple 4-stroke is almost as bland as a BMW boxer twin.
I was going to say the same thing, ugly and they just don't sound good. They might run like a striped ass ape, but I don't think I would enjoy looking at it or listening to it nearly as much as my 9.

I'm sure those that have them love them, but they just aren't for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking at them online repeatedly over the last few days after I looked at it in person at the dealer (the Rocket 3 GT) and to be honest , it has grown on me . I thought they were ugly but slowly I have come to like the bike appearance , specially the back fender , which I now think is very cool .
Still, the price is prohibitively expensive , at $23,800 + taxes .
I would perhaps wait to next year and get me a 2021 used one with low miles for a lot less money , but only if I can discover a solution to the seat height problem by finding how to lower it at least a couple of inches .

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,706 Posts
I have been looking at them online repeatedly over the last few days after I looked at it in person at the dealer (the Rocket 3 GT) and to be honest , it has grown on me . I thought they were ugly but slowly I have come to like the bike appearance , specially the back fender , which I now think is very cool .
Still, the price is prohibitively expensive , at $23,800 + taxes .
I would perhaps wait to next year and get me a 2021 used one with low miles for a lot less money , but only if I can discover a solution to the seat height problem by finding how to lower it at least a couple of inches .
If I remember right you also have fairly new Indian,..
Correct? How does that treating you? 🍻

·
Registered
726 Posts
I heard the first generation Rocket at Daytona a number of years back. It had a very nice sounding aftermarket exhaust. The stock sound of many bikes is blazé.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've never heard of them or seen one. So I Googled for pictures.
Did you know they apparently only have a right side. No (well, very few) pictures of the left side. Whats up with that?
I do like it. Reminds me of V-Maxs. But its all just eye-candy for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
If I remember right you also have fairly new Indian,..
Correct? How does that treating you? 🍻
Well, I sold the Indian this past January . Just too heavy .
I at first thought that I would be doing long interstate highway trips , but in the end I never did , so the bike was left on the garage more and more ,using my M109r exclusively . It was just too heavy for normal use and soo difficult to maneuver inside the garage to take it out , so I got fed up and decided to get rid of it , which I did , finally . No regrets at all .
By the way, the Triumph Rocket 3 GT is 100 lbs lighter than the M109r , at 650 lbs ... totally incredible ...!!!
My 9 is 750 lbs and I can easily handle it , so imagine a bike of that power with 100 lbs less !!!! That is why I was interested , but it is just too expensive .
Maybe in a couple of years I will look into a used one , lol...

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,706 Posts
Well, I sold the Indian this past January . Just too heavy .
I at first thought that I would be doing long interstate highway trips , but in the end I never did , so the bike was left on the garage more and more ,using my M109r exclusively . It was just too heavy for normal use and soo difficult to maneuver inside the garage to take it out , so I got fed up and decided to get rid of it , which I did , finally . No regrets at all .
By the way, the Triumph Rocket 3 GT is 100 lbs lighter than the M109r , at 650 lbs ... totally incredible ...!!!
My 9 is 750 lbs and I can easily handle it , so imagine a bike of that power with 100 lbs less !!!! That is why I was interested , but it is just too expensive .
Maybe in a couple of years I will look into a used one , lol...
Youp, expensive it is, even thou it is classic British bike
if I am not mistaken, similar what Indian was/is classic USA
motorcycle and at the times biggest manufacturer in the world.
But as you said, bike needs to be fun = easy maneuverable,
used often, and not something troublesome in the garage..
Cheers 🍻

1 - 12 of 12 Posts