M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt get to get pictures before the ride to the wall but here is at the wall.... they had 3000 bikes sign up and only 304 bikes plus 24 Columbus PD do the ride.... it was 39* ....there are 58,267 names, including 8 women.

one for LTT ....... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
O Yea, Mostly Honda's and Harley's..... I saw one other Suzuki in the parking lot... :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Sounds like it was a good ride bro

I've been to a few places like that. The last one was a ride to the one in Frankfort, KY and it's always an emotional experience for me and alot of the other guys who participated in the ride. I really miss the military sometimes. I'd really like to go to that one in Washington, DC sometime. I believe it called "Rolling Thunder". I've always liked the Vietman Vets. Those are the guys who trained me when I enlisted in 1976. They always knew that when you train hard you play hard and I remember having some really good memories of playing hard with them over a few, well maybe more than a few beers.

Bob Jordan
USA, Infantry 1976 - 1996
Retired

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow that looked really close to the Wall in D.C. It truly is a humbling:pray: expierence. Bike looks awesome bro!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Wow, all those names and all for naught. I could have been one of those names if the draft hadn't ended just before my 18th birthday. My draft number was low.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
That's awesome. I've been to the real wall in DC a few times, and participated in Rolling Thunder a couple times, but I've never seen the traveling wall. It looks exactly the same but smaller.

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Wow, all those names and all for naught. I could have been one of those names if the draft hadn't ended just before my 18th birthday. My draft number was low.
Well put, Chief...

Reminds me of a great song by Dennis Deyoung (styx) that I listen to almost daily....

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow that looked really close to the Wall in D.C. It truly is a humbling:pray: expierence. Bike looks awesome bro!:bigthumbsup:
Thanks Steve, Good to see you and your wife are up and riding!!!

My dad had a low number as well cause of 3 kids.....I guess..

That's awesome. I've been to the real wall in DC a few times, and participated in Rolling Thunder a couple times, but I've never seen the traveling wall. It looks exactly the same but smaller.
Yea Mike, I wanna see the real thing some day!! and do a rolling thunder ride would be sweet!

Nice pics Eric ! :bigthumbsup:
Thanks Andy....

That's sweet!!!!
way better in person to see the detail for sure......nice bike!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts