M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone.

Has anyone put together an actual usable travel tool kit for the C?

We all have the one that comes with the bike, but lets be real, 3 wrenchs and some allen keys aren't going to cut it on a road trip!

Wife and I are looking to take a road trip from PA, to GA in July.

So I'm looking to put together a road kit.

I'm thinking of the following to include:

Shock Adjustment tool
Tire repair kit, probably with co2 to inflate.
Mini ratchet with the sockets, and hex attachments for repairs.
Multi bit screwdriver
Couple of mini road flares
Hammer
Small chisel

I'm no mechanic, and I don't need to rebuild the freaking engine on the highway, so basic stuff should work.

Has anyone put one of these together, or seen one that won't cost $100+?

Suggestions for additional tools, or why something I said here is a bad idea welcome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tools ???????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: are you riding a harley???????:joke::hot:
Riding a WHAT!!!

No way, I don't make that kinda money!!! :D

But I do like to have some Actual tools on a long ride, just in case.

Last time we made this ride from PA to GA, we were on a Kawasaki 800, and had a problem with an oil leak.

Had a Helluva time trying to open that stupid pretty oil cap!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your kit sounds good. I would add some electrical tape, a good exacto knife, and an adjustable wrench. But as you know, the one tool you need will be the one you don't have. Best tool would be a cell phone. Sure, we don't ride Harleys, but poop happens to the best of us sooner than later. Kudos for thinking ahead.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Twist Flashlight

I would recommend adding one of those flashlights where you have to twist the thing for it to be powered. I twisted it for a couple minutes and then checked it a month or two later, it still had power. Having a regular flashlight with dead batteries won't help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
definitely those allen keys. the stock kit is pretty much useless unless you need to adjust your mirrors.

my road trip kit:

cellphone
credit card
sunblock
spf 30 chapstick
allen keys
6 pack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.