M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transmission leak

I fille my gas tank today and noticed oil all over the left rear head, transmission and and covers. Has anyone had this problem? I will take the bike to the dealer early this coming week and let all of you know what the problem is and the fix.

Reed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Transmission leak

I have read the posts with interest. I will check that out in the morning, but why would it take six weeks to do it?
HMMMM! Might it have been overfilled during the six hundred mile service? #@$%^& and *&^)

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts

You like many while not take it to the dealer for regular maintenance. Look at it this way, if you want it done right do it yourself. This way you will have no one to blame but you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I like your way of thinking. I worked for the federal government for 30 years and can not recall being told the correct way to do my job.

Reed

·
Registered
426 Posts

Couldn't tell you why it would take a while to leak. Mine did it after aprox. 200 miles. I asked my mechanic and he said it may be the type of riding. Maybe highway riding gets it hotter or builds up more pressure. I'm no mechanic so I don't know for sure, but I drained and refilled with the correct amount to be safe.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts