M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I banned from riding with you guys now ?
I'm trading in the M109R for a 2006 GoldWing !
I've fought with how to cary much more than I could
pack on the M109 for a few weeks now. My wife is not
happy with her seating so away it goes. Yes I love the
M109 and I wish I could have both but there will be a
Red 2007 M109 with about 1300 miles on it at Fay Myers
Tuesday afternoon. We worked out the deal today and I'll
swap the bikes on Tuesday.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Sometimes you gotta keep the lady happy. I honestly think that one day I'll move to the GoldWing. Those are awesome bikes. Hope you enjoy it. If you ever doubt their cornering ability, do a search for videos made by YellowWolf. He rides his like a sportbike on Deal's Gap.

·
Registered
600 Posts
There have been a couple times, Ed, when Teresa and I have gotten home from a long ride and we just look at each other, then the M, and wonder if we shouldn't do something similar. She finally came up with a plan that suits me just fine... we'll ride the M again next summer, but come Spring of '08, we're gonna be in the market for a more touring-friendly ride to park next to the M. I like the way she thinks! :D

BTW... I'll ride with you any time :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hmm... Sorry to hear you're moving on. Personally, we came up with a different solution: My wife rides her own! (Kawasaki 800 Vulcan)

·
Registered
92 Posts
You gotta ride what makes you and the wife happy!!!! I had a wing for about 14k miles and I will have another.... someday!!!

You will always be welcome on any rides I'm on!!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

See you at the Toy Run, right????? :D

Here was our Wing:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G said:
You gotta ride what makes you and the wife happy!!!! I had a wing for about 14k miles and I will have another.... someday!!!

You will always be welcome on any rides I'm on!!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

See you at the Toy Run, right????? :D
Unless I have to go out of town for work I'll be there!!
Like that color bike... Easy to spot for little-old-ladies who
can't see very well...
The one I'm getting is "Dark Red"... A little darker than the "M" but
the helmets should fit in ok...
I still need to find a 4XL helmet... Tough to come by..
Just no way for my head and an intercom to fit in a 3XL... since my
chin is already against the front on the Full-Face.

Ride Safe..
Colorado_Ed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Colorado ED
I just put your former bike in my garage. I promise to give her a loving home. She'll have lot's of company out in the garage to keep her happy too. I'm looking forward to the big V Twin as I've never had this type of motor before. Good luck with your 'Wing, I've had one now for two years and they are absolutely terrific on the road.
Good luck,
Steve G.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
STEVEG said:
Colorado ED
I just put your former bike in my garage. I promise to give her a loving home. She'll have lot's of company out in the garage to keep her happy too. I'm looking forward to the big V Twin as I've never had this type of motor before. Good luck with your 'Wing, I've had one now for two years and they are absolutely terrific on the road.
Good luck,
Steve G.
I trust she went to a loving home :bigthumbsup: and You enjoy her as much as I have (and more).
She has synthetic oil in her (or did) with about 300 miles on it...
It helped the shifting a good bit.
The rear seal that was leaking was on order (Waranty) when traded in.
I'm out in N.C. right now (Visiting Mom over Christmas) and will be back in a few days.
I'm planning rides to "Saint Louis, MO" with a continued ride to "Charlotte, NC" - "Monument Vally, UT" and "Wing-Ding 07 in Billings, MT" just to name a few in 2007.

See you guys on the road!!
Ride Safe!
Colorado_Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.