M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes I have. I used 2 tie downs looped through and around the back tire and rim going to the sides
of the trailer. I also had a chock for the front wheel as well as a handle bar harness... so that helped as well.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I trailered mine home in a 5' x 8' enclosed U-Haul trailer. They only had two buckles up front to use as tie down points so I just used two straps up front, attached to the risers. Not a bit of problem with the back end and I trailered it nearly 100 miles.... on some bumpy roads at that. I tightened the straps so that it held the bike vertically, off the side stand.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I got the Bike Vise,it is one awesome piece of equipment. I have a 5x8 open trailer and Bike Vise,2 straps and let her rip 350miles no problem.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Trailer my 109 home when I bought it back in March. Used soft loops attached to the handle bars then onto ratchet straps. On the rear went with a ratchet strap through the wheel. I did put a heavy terry cloth towel between thew strap and wheel to prevent any damage. Worked great bike did not move at all. trip was about 180 miles.

·
Registered
750 Posts
2 Soft starps to the bars, one over the seat and kick stand extended just in case it happened to fall to the left.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m going to be using a Condor SC2000 trailer only type wheel locking chock at the front of the trailer to lock the front in place and probably going to try looping the tie downs around the back tire and rim like Chris suggested above since there doesn’t seem to be anywhere on the rear frame to attach them, thanks for the input guys :bigthumbsup:. I will be watching for any other suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts