M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best way to trailer the 109 on a flat trailer :dontknow:,do you put the kickstand down and then strap it down or leave the kickstand up and strap it. i've never trailered before any insight because i sure dont want the silver bullet to fall over. :(

·
Registered
665 Posts
Some times it's better to put the front wheel in a corner of the trailer(I'm guessing it has side rails?) and angle the bike across the trailer. You can use the side stand,but I never have. Use Good Ratchet straps,on the front ,and rear,and check it around the first 50 miles. If the straps are still tight,your good to go! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's probably not a great idea to keep the sidestand down. It is a good idea though to somehow chok the front wheel, then use at least four good quality ratchet type tiedowns. To be safe, ask a HD owner.

·
Registered
665 Posts
And we all know what happens when the side stand is damaged ::)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I trailer mine everywhere I go(except for around town!!)just in case there's a great day or road to ride.Like everyone has typed,make sure to put it in a chock up front,DOUBLE strap with good straps,and leave the stand up.Don't strap it down tight,you'll tear up the fork seals,leave some movement up front.As far as the rear,I just run a strap through the back wheel and pull it snug.I had problems with trailering my Buell....thats when I figured out the importance of 2 straps.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone,trailered the 109 today with no problems.2 straps on the front and 1 on the rear wheel :bigthumbsup:still was a little nervous hitting bumps and watching the 109 in the rear view bounce but everthing was fine thanks to you guys.

thanks again for all the tips everybody :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts