M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok here we GO!

First I have to say THANK YOU to Mike (copester88 for the fuel for the down and back, It is because of him this trailer ride for everyone will cost $0.00.

There are 9 total spot for bikes to Vegas- 2 in the bed of my truck and 7 in the trailer.

Because of demand a spot can only be reserved if you are 100% sure you are going and have hotel bookings. (please pm bambam also after you have booked your room if @ hooters)

There is two things that have to happen to get your bike to Vegas.
In order to make it simple all bikes going must be down @ Daves house in Battle Ground, Washington no later than noon on the 16th of Sept. 2010. This is a night run thursday night and bikes will be in Vegas in the morning Friday 17th (15-16 hr run)
All bikes must have your OWN tie downs. Just too many bikes to supply tie downs. @ least 3 and no cheap ones please (respect the bike beside you)

Now getting your bike to Dobermans------
Couple of things can happen and this tread will help with other options. You can ride down and Dave has offered to take you to the amtrak for a train ride North. Portland airport is close to Daves and cheaper to fly out of. Jason might be able to help with a ride to the airport if you take the same flight as him ( hope its ok jason I volunteered you) Work it out. It IS worth it.

ALL baggage can be stowed in the trailer to save $$ on your flight.

The cab of the pick-up is full, so you have to find your own way to the airport and down to Vegas.
These people are booked for sure:
Collin
Mike
Dave
Jason
Gary(GMan)
Ken

3 spots left

add your name here only if you are 100% sure

This is gonna be GREAT!

·
Registered
800 Posts
The sooner you get me your bike the better it is, dont want to wait till the last min. Ride it or trailor it to my place or I can meet you somewhere close.

OPTIONS:
Amtrack in vancouver. To get you home.
Portland international airport.
Trailor your bike to me.
Pick-up.
Have sombody follow you.

Problem being is everbody is spread out and collin is currently working in the Vancouver area so he's not up north to recieve your bike.

Ken has offered, if you plan on flying out of Sea-Tac he live about 2 miles away and you can park your Vehicle there to save on parking cost and car pool together/share a taxi..

Lots to talk about so share your concerns...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That's friggin fantastic lads.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've only got a single bike trailer,BUT, if there was a double or triple available I would offer my truck and time to trailer a couple bikes with mine down to Dave's. If anyone has one available I have a fifth wheel or ball, whatever is needed.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might be able to help pickking the bikes up. The weekend before Vegas (11th and 12th) I might be able to bring the trailer to Puyallup. I might also be able to drive you home (depends on how much I have to do) work it out with me. Of course if you could bring it to puyallup and have a ride home would be great. You can tie it down and there it will be under lock and when I head South sunday the 12th I will drop the trailer back @ Daves house. Let me know if you like this idea.

Bikes coming back will still be ending up in Battle Ground. I will not be able to drive the trailer north until Friday night thy 24th in time for the oyster run.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Collin I have the whole week off, that week of the Vegas/Oyster run so if people need there Bikes sooner Before Friday I can Make a run up north and do a drop for ya sooner if ya want.. I have the Aussie's coming down that Thursday and riding St.Helens/Rainer on Friday, then continueing up to Alington that same Evening "FRIDAY LATE ARRIVAL".. And will be staying until Monday... :bigthumbsup: I could even arrange with somebody to do a single drop off point where all the bikes are in sombodys garage and people can pick them up at there leasure....

My Day to do the drop would have to be WED...22nd...or you all can pick them up here or collins????????????

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Wow!!
A lot of cool ideas!

My plan was to ride to Vancouver and Angela drives my disposable car along. We load up the bike and get a ride to the airport. (I have a cousin in Vancouver who could do this)
After flying back from Vegas I planned on hanging in Vancouver till the bikes arrive,then Ang. and I ride/drive back to Arlington mid week.
Any one who wants to fit in this plan is welcome.
Now the options are getting big!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ok here we GO!

Because of demand a spot can only be reserved if you are 100% sure you are going and have hotel bookings. (please pm bambam also after you have booked your room if @ hooters)

The cab of the pick-up is full, so you have to find your own way to the airport and down to Vegas.
These people are booked for sure:
Collin
Mike
Dave
Jason
Todd
Gary(GMan)

add your name here only if you are 100% sure
Reservation at Hooters Confirmed!
Flights Booked!
Wife (Valerie) will be joining me on this trip as well.
Will deliver bike down to Daves on Wednesday around 6ish and will bring 2 extra portable front wheel holders if needed. Also will bring several extra rachet down tie straps. I realize my bike is a tad longer and wider, sorry!

We are flying down Thursday evening and flying back home Monday evening.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I realize my bike is a tad longer and wider, sorry!
Ummm, I have always been told that that doesnt matter:-\. The trailer is more than big enough sould be no problem.

Gary your on the list... I like how you added yourself

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ummm, I have always been told that that doesnt matter:-\. The trailer is more than big enough sould be no problem.

Gary your on the list... I like how you added yourself
...I was always told Bigger is Better! :bigthumbsup:

Dave said add yourself to the list, so I just jumped right in there......my bad. I'll try to behave but it's Mike's fault if i don't!

THANKS for help putting this all together!!!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
WOW seems like good times are ahead.. i messed up.. ill be in vegas from 8 to 15 [email protected] PHolloywood. My wife suprise to me for our joint Bdays in Sept. WOW if she only would have made the trip to cover this!! have fun guys

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've only got a single bike trailer,BUT, if there was a double or triple available I would offer my truck and time to trailer a couple bikes with mine down to Dave's. If anyone has one available I have a fifth wheel or ball, whatever is needed.
I will be trailering mine down on Wed and can fit two more in.
It's a 2 bike with V-Nose and if i set mine front center I can usually fit two more in at slight angles. I have front wheel chocks to help hold them in while they get tied down and have a 1 ton Ford Diesel for towing so all good there.
Let me know if you need a haul.
I also have my shop I can put 3-4 bikes in when they come back afterwards if others want to come over here to pick them up. I am 5 miles east of Renton before you get to Issaquah.

"Your bike likes being just slightly to the right of mine anyway" LOL

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I will be trailering mine down on Wed and can fit two more in.
It's a 2 bike with V-Nose and if i set mine front center I can usually fit two more in at slight angles. I have front wheel chocks to help hold them in while they get tied down and have a 1 ton Ford Diesel for towing so all good there.
Let me know if you need a haul.
I also have my shop I can put 3-4 bikes in when they come back afterwards if others want to come over here to pick them up. I am 5 miles east of Renton before you get to Issaquah.

"Your bike likes being just slightly to the right of mine anyway" LOL
Lets talk!
We plan to go down the same time!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Lets talk!
We plan to go down the same time!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well it sounds like things are shaping up nicely... Lets just plan on My place then so all I need now is Ken and Todd to respond with there planns and if people need rides to the airport then let me know and if you want to leave your vehicle here! thats cool too... But let the rumor be known I heard to fly out of Seattle is cheaper...

G-Man your wheel chalks are welcome and I'm also putting in extra tie downs this weekend... Want to be extra safe with this Load and if you would please work with the folks up north on getting here that would be cool since Collin is working out of Vancouver it might be difficult for him to be up there during the week... Did you as well say you were flying out of Portland??? and Who else is doing this??

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Well it sounds like things are shaping up nicely... Lets just plan on My place then so all I need now is Ken and Todd to respond with there planns and if people need rides to the airport then let me know and if you want to leave your vehicle here! thats cool too... But let the rumor be known I heard to fly out of Seattle is cheaper...

G-Man your wheel chalks are welcome and I'm also putting in extra tie downs this weekend... Want to be extra safe with this Load and if you would please work with the folks up north on getting here that would be cool since Collin is working out of Vancouver it might be difficult for him to be up there during the week... Did you as well say you were flying out of Portland??? and Who else is doing this??
It seems most convenient for all right now for us to fly out of Portland at this time.
I planned to possibly ride down Wed. night or early Thurs. morning

Dave, coming back from the St Helens run I found a big pucture in my tire too. Adventure Motorsports is putting on an elite III for $147 and mount is $24 in case you cant find a reasonable deal down there.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks for the info Jason but I was able to find one down South here for 143.00 and That's cool if everbody is flying out of here, just want everbody to check because I drove up to Seattle one year to go to Chicago because they were 100.00 buck cheaper per ticket and I needed 4 of them! so I drove up... But I dont Live up there either to keep up on all of the details... Portland is Also Building new parking Garages So there a Airport Tax increase.... :evil:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts