M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Did you get that powder coated by Denray or by someone else after you received it?

I bought the same hitch from HitchUSA and the directions sucked. Did you place the brackets between the inside of the fender rails and the outside of the wheel fender or did you have room to put the brackets between the fender and tire?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get that powder coated by Denray or by someone else after you received it?

I bought the same hitch from HitchUSA and the directions sucked. Did you place the brackets between the inside of the fender rails and the outside of the wheel fender or did you have room to put the brackets between the fender and tire?
The powder coat was done by Denray ( same price for chrome ) the brackets are place between the fender and the tire ... 8)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
IN the future I would suggest anyone to buy from Denray and not hitchUSA then.

Hitch USA refused to powdercoat and the direct/support were worthless.....

The hitch looks very nice. I am jealous!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Nice...is there a receiver that stays on the bike or does it completely bolt on and off ????
There are two sleeves that the hitch slides into. These sleeves are about as long as the two bolts on the fender rail are apart. They are pretty well hidden, but you can still see them a bit. Each sleeve has two holes in it and the hitch as well. The hitch slides into the sleeves and you put two bolts in each side and tighten down a lock nut to hold everything together.

Edit, my picture does not have these bolts inserted. It only has the one set screw(bolt) to hold everything in place while you install the two bolts on each side.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Interesting......Thanks for the feedback SVZuki great pic...hope you get good weather for the meet,wish i was goin,maybe next year...

I'll bring the Canadian Beer:hot::hot: U know, the Real Beer..:joke:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Interesting......Thanks for the feedback SVZuki great pic...hope you get good weather for the meet,wish i was goin,maybe next year...

I'll bring the Canadian Beer:hot::hot: U know, the Real Beer..:joke:
I should talk to Ricochet as I am craving some Sleeman's!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice hitch. I don't think you can use that hitch w/10" wheel/280 or bigger tire though. I could be wrong but I looked at my bike and I don't think there is room between the tire and the inner fender.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice hitch. I don't think you can use that hitch w/10" wheel/280 or bigger tire though. I could be wrong but I looked at my bike and I don't think there is room between the tire and the inner fender.
i have to be agree with you ... i'm using a Dunlop E3 250 and that leave me a 3/4¨ each side ...... :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts