M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were going to trade your 9 for a Sport Bike what do you think would be the best bike. I was looking at a Diavel but to pricey to maintain. So just out of the Japan bikes I guess. I am not talking about price I am talking about best Rocket.
Thanks
Scotty

·
Registered
636 Posts
I would look at a Hyabusa first, then a ZX-14, then perhaps a GSXR, or a CBR, or an R1. Perhaps a Suzuki B-King if I could find one?

That is where I would start.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
If you were going to trade your 9 for a Sport Bike what do you think would be the best bike. I was looking at a Diavel but to pricey to maintain. So just out of the Japan bikes I guess. I am not talking about price I am talking about best Rocket.
Thanks
Scotty
A Diavel is NOT a sport bike... just sayin' :doorag:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that. But its close.

sent from my phone to this forum while riding. lol

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
one of the members went through 2 diavels because it was falling apart on him and they had to buy it back. Might want to avoid that one. i'd look at a ZX14 or the Concours if you like longer trips

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Definately take a look at the 2012 ZX14R. I have been having thoughts of trading the nine for one. I like the nine, and it is great when riding with a group of guys, but, for a big guy like me, the zx14 is the ultimate rocket ship. When I had the 14 and the nine, it was never a thought which one to ride when wanting a speed fix (the 14 of course).

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hayabusa... Its an animal and gets the same looks on the road as the 9. I got rid of mine because of back issues and regret it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The "grass" may not be "greener" on the other side of the fence. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I say find a dealer that hosts"demo days" so you can ride as many of the options a you can. Then you can make a better, more informed decision.

-Josh

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I agree with the rest on busa, zx14, b-king etc.. However, you can also get into the best of both worlds which is a sport tourer. Nice to have a connie or fjr that have similar balls as a sport bike and have bags and comfort as well.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was just coming here to say I would also look at the new vmax, that thing is crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The V MAX is cool. But not real good for the twisties.

sent from my phone to this forum while riding. lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've ridden the Diavel and would not own one I think my sons Ducati sport classic 1000 is a much better allround bike. I know you said Japanese but I have also ridden the BMW S1000RR and it is the wildest machine that I have ever swung my leg over in the 30 plus years that I have been riding motorcycles, pretty reasonable on the price too. The ride that I would add to the stable because I cannot see myself giving up the 9 would be the ZX-14R or the Concourse. Like Josh says check out the Demo rides and good luck on whatever you choose. Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts