M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my house for Marshall Texas at 10:45 Friday night and took my time getting down there, and still steamrolled an armadillo in Arkansas and almost hit a dog and 2 deer. I have never seen so much wildlife in one night. I guess it was the cooler weather that had them out and about. I got to the dealer at about 8:15 yesterday and waited until they opened, the first couple customers that showed up spent about 5 minutes walking around my 109 and said they were there to check it out since they heard I was trading it in. So I guess the dealer counted their chickens before they hatched. Once they brought out the connie, I checked it over and it was in nice shape. A couple boots marks here and there and the scuffs on the left saddlebag like they described. There was no damage underneath and the inner pieces for the left side was intact. There was no evidence of the bike being laid down. I took it for a nice test ride and hit 145 (had to make sure it would run )

This bike is smooooooth. The only problem was that when I asked the salesman over the phone about the condition of the tires (since the rear was questionable in the pics) and he said they were in great shape. It had Roadsmarts on it and the front looked nearly new and the rear had an inch and half bald spot straight down the middle. I asked the salesman what he was gonna do for me since he had said the tires were good. His response was "nothing, that tire is fine" I wanted to skull drag that little piece of crap for standing there and saying that to me with a straight face. I said that tire isn't fine, I saw the pics of your kids in your office so you wouldn't take that tire on a 500 mile ride. Then this really fired me up, he said "I would take my kids on a 500 mile ride with me on that tire" We are standing in the middle of the display floor right here and he is trying keep quiet enough that his boss or the other customers don't hear us. And I said you are full of crap that tire won't even pass inspection. And that got everyones attention. He said it did pass inspection, a month ago. I said that tire has lost some tread in the last month then. Now the sales manager got involve and started in with his reasons why they wouldn't pay for a new tire. He said something to the effect of, our owners don't want us to trade straight up for bikes so I can't pay for it. I said, you (sales manager) were the one who suggested title for title, so that isn't my problem. They said they wanted $265 PLUS TAX for the rear tire including installation. I was ready to get on my 109 and ride away and the sales manager says that he will do 190 OTD for the tire, but they didn't have the 190/50/17 in stock the closest they had was a 200/50/17 Bridgestone Exedra. I said that tire isn't even worth 125 (125+65 labor). He said that was the absolute best he could do. I said I should just get on my bike and ride away from here but I won't let your horrible customer service ruin a chance at a nice concours for me. I will make sure that anyone that I come in contact with knows that you are pretty much worthless when it comes to your integrity. He just turned around and walked into is his office and muttered something that I couldn't hear under his breath. I said "what did you say", and he said nothing. I signed the paperwork and loaded up my new connie and took off. I ended up buying the tire since I didn't think I would be able to find a place to buy and install a tire on a saturday, and still get on the road quickly.

If any of you live in the Marshall TX area beware of H&W Honda and the snakes named Ron and Kirk.

The sweepers were a blast and this bike will get into the triple digits VERY quickly. It should be illegal to have a bike that is this convenient and also this fun. But I'm glad it isn't. This bike seems to be rock solid mechanically, but I have to look for a saddle bag now so I can replace that scuffed one.

Oh and I got home at 8:00 last night so I did 1025 miles total in 21 hours and 15 minutes with over 3 hours of that spent at the dealer. My next saddle sore ride I will be avoiding stealerships.

·
Registered
236 Posts
:a18: Glad you like your connie.

The same thing happen to me last year when I bought my truck. I told them no tires no deal. So I drove off and they called me 2 mins later. They said they would cut me a check for new ones. So I went back and picked up my baby and my check. Being a dick worked out for me for once.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
As long as your happy enjoy:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
PICS! man, you had time to type all of that and we dont get any pics?:dontknow:WTH! :joke::joke::joke:
seriously, JD, Im glad you got something to make you and your wife happier. Carrie and I have gotten closer than ever thanks to motorcycles.:bigthumbsup:
I've entertained the thoughts of getting a connie or maybe a fjr1300 as a daily rider/2nd bike. I've already got 10,000 miles on my 9 this year and alot of that is just to and from work.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
its a sad sad day JD..... now you will be on that Connie forum all the time and avoid us.... :mad: But am really glad your happy with her!!! Ride careful as you have kiddos.... :bigthumbsup: Sorry to hear dealers SUCK!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will definently be on here, I have to keep up with the plans for Staunton and the pre-meet in Fontana Village. Plus I want to see all the mods you guys keep doing to your 9's.

Plus there are so many easy targets (any new flip-flop burnouts or pics of a guy posing on his 9?) on here for me to clown on. :joke:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
That triple digit speed will get you a ticket real quick. :p I know that from experience.

BTW, next time you need tires get these. The Pilot Road 2 are absolutely awesome tires. they are dual compound and grip like glue. They are rated #1 for wet weather riding. I can literly ride in rain and jack the clutch in 1st and it just pulls the front wheel, and no spinning.

:congrats: on the bike and have fun. :bigthumbsup:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...80004&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=33&zmap=10987

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That triple digit speed will get you a ticket real quick. :p I know that from experience.

BTW, next time you need tires get these. The Pilot Road 2 are absolutely awesome tires. they are dual compound and grip like glue. They are rated #1 for wet weather riding. I can literly ride in rain and jack the clutch in 1st and it just pulls the front wheel, and no spinning.

:congrats: on the bike and have fun. :bigthumbsup:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...80004&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=33&zmap=10987
Murphs has em even cheaper than that.........I have been doing a little research.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
congrats man, let the mods begin!!! did you keep your rear seat or any parts from your m109? if so pm me I may be interested in buying from you.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
enjoy your new ride. I miss my Busa, something similar maybe in my future also. Wish I could afford both. :-X

·
Registered
315 Posts
Oh and I got home at 8:00 last night so I did 1025 miles total in 21 hours and 15 minutes with over 3 hours of that spent at the dealer. My next saddle sore ride I will be avoiding stealerships.
:congrats: I understand the lure of the Kawi 14 I'm looking at them as well, they're more fitting for the long distance rides that I enjoy.
Wow a Saddle Sore ride with a reward, I could learn something from ya.
I'm betting the trip home was abit nicer ride.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:congrats: I understand the lure of the Kawi 14 I'm looking at them as well, they're more fitting for the long distance rides that I enjoy.
Wow a Saddle Sore ride with a reward, I could learn something from ya.
I'm betting the trip home was abit nicer ride.
It was a much faster ride home, but it was still daylight and I wasn't dodging wildlife either so I can't hold that against the 9. All I can say is that the concours is made to cover miles quickly and carry your stuff. The nine is a torque monster that looks great, so they are apples and oranges but I love them both. When I can own two bikes at once a 9 will be one of them but for now I think the C14 will suit me the best for my needs.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
WOW. I did not see that coming! Almost 2000 posts since joining in Jan 2010 and your gone just like that!
Well, I guess not everyone can handle the attention that the 9's get. You should be able to go anywhere now in anonymity.

All in fun JD. Wish you the best!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW. I did not see that coming! Almost 2000 posts since joining in Jan 2010 and your gone just like that!
Well, I guess not everyone can handle the attention that the 9's get. You should be able to go anywhere now in anonymity.

All in fun JD. Wish you the best!
I got to say that the attention might have been a bit much, it was nice but I don't actually like it when a complete stranger comes up to me and starts asking me a bunch of questions when I am just trying to get fuel or whatever. Every station I pulled into on Friday night and early Saturday morning on my trip down to Texas there might have only been one vehicle when I pull in but by the time I come out there is somebody waiting to talk to me about it. One guy in Texarkana was actually touching my gps trying see where I was headed since I had a Missouri plate. That got me fired up, and I asked him if the bike belonged to him and he said no. Then I said you would be wise to keep your hands off of it then and he still wanted to talk to me about my 9, he turned out to be an off duty sheriff's deputy (or so he said)!

Even better than the 9 are the people that are on this forum, so I plan to be on here still to keep up with everyone.

·
Registered
766 Posts
well my friend enjoy whatever makes you happy ,but please don't leave the forum. A lot of us enjoy fencing with you.....And in my book you are a good guy.:nojoke:
So keep on riding safe and look forward to meeting you sometime. If you ever decide to visit Venezuela or my new place in Medellin just let me know...I`ll show you a good time and one of them latin traffic rides.LOL

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I got to say that the attention might have been a bit much, it was nice but I don't actually like it when a complete stranger comes up to me and starts asking me a bunch of questions when I am just trying to get fuel or whatever. Every station I pulled into on Friday night and early Saturday morning on my trip down to Texas there might have only been one vehicle when I pull in but by the time I come out there is somebody waiting to talk to me about it. One guy in Texarkana was actually touching my gps trying see where I was headed since I had a Missouri plate. That got me fired up, and I asked him if the bike belonged to him and he said no. Then I said you would be wise to keep your hands off of it then and he still wanted to talk to me about my 9, he turned out to be an off duty sheriff's deputy (or so he said)!

Even better than the 9 are the people that are on this forum, so I plan to be on here still to keep up with everyone.
I'm glad you'll be around! You did a nice job on your bike, I'm bummed that I don't get to see you do more.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts